Looking to life!! Need advice....

JEEP212121

I'm looking to lift my '15 JK. RC 3.25. Going to keep my stock 16 inch wheels for now and get 35s. Plus spacers for that stance. I need advice on tires!! What's best? Good treadlife? More aggressive look is what I'm going for. Not too much off road in will be done in it for now. Need good A/T tires.

Buster3479

I'd normally recommend Duratracs for what you're wanting, good looks, quiet, great road manners, and great snow traction. The hesitation I have is that in a 16" wheel, they are only available in E rating, wouldn't stop me, but something to consider. I would consider Nitto Exo Grapplers as well, but they aren't available in a 16" wheel.

There's plenty of other tires the other guys can recommend. Have you given thought to picking up new wheels with the correct backspacing in 17"?

JEEP212121

Yeah I was originally going to go to a 17 and a 35 but I'm having a baby within the next week or so.. trying to cut back and still get the effect I want. Considering keeping my 16s and adding either Gen Grabbers, Nitto Terra, or KO2.

aldaman

Yeah I was originally going to go to a 17 and a 35 but I'm having a baby within the next week or so.. trying to cut back and still get the effect I want. Considering keeping my 16s and adding either Gen Grabbers, Nitto Terra, or KO2.

17" rims would be a better choice especially when deciding on tires to purchase. You get a variety to choose from. You could always get the factory Rubi or Moab take offs for free or cheap.....

Tires choices I'd look at are:
Coopers
BFG ko2s
Toyo MTs
Duratracs
Nittos

Kalums

Be careful with the stock 16s on 35s from what i understand they are really narrow rims (i believe 7" wide) plz correct me if im wrong

seanb123

Take the money you were gonna use to buy spacers buy 17' rims with better back spacing, better stance,Better tire selection and you'll be happy down the road.

flectarn

Take the money you were gonna use to buy spacers buy 17' rims with better back spacing, better stance,Better tire selection and you'll be happy down the road.

Generally you can find used JK wheels for cheap on Craigslist as well. They are a dime a dozen here in SoCal.

seanb123

Generally you can find used JK wheels for cheap on Craigslist as well. They are a dime a dozen here in SoCal.

And at full turn you will rub. Is it worth the trouble to find set to have the same rubbing issues you'd have with 16s

JEEP212121

So basically u guus are telling me to buy after market 17s and then get the 35s.... to avoid all the possible rubbing and damage?

JEEP212121

Ok. Thanks everyone for the help. First lift I have done and just needed some helpful advice from people that have been there, done that

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
As mentioned get 17" wheels then get tires.

To save money outside of that I would suggest looking into a 2.5" budget boost like what teraflex offers. It comes with the spacers, shock extensions, longer rear swaybar links (move stock rears to the front), and the rear trackbar bracket. This will lift you so you can fit the 35's, keep cost down, and not sacrifice the factory ride for your upcoming newborn.

JEEP212121

To save money outside of that I would suggest looking into a 2.5" budget boost like what teraflex offers. It comes with the spacers, shock extensions, longer rear swaybar links (move stock rears to the front), and the rear trackbar bracket. This will lift you so you can fit the 35's, keep cost down, and not sacrifice the factory ride for your upcoming newborn.

I'm looking into the 3.25 RC. Do u think that would be a good ride as well? Not looking to do a ton of off roading.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I'm looking into the 3.25 RC. Do u think that would be a good ride as well? Not looking to do a ton of off roading.

The Rough county name is earned for a reason. As I mentioned a budget boost will not sacrifice your factory ride as it is just a polyurethane spacer that goes on top of your factory coils. It will also give you the lift needed for 35's

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

The Rough county name is earned for a reason. As I mentioned a budget boost will not sacrifice your factory ride as it is just a polyurethane spacer that goes on top of your factory coils. It will also give you the lift needed for 35's

Here is the kit I am talking about

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=3976

JEEP212121

Thanks man!! Had no idea. Going to look into that now.

chipper

Also check out the Toyo RT. Been hearing good things about it. It's a cross between a AT and a MT. May suit your needs perfect

kfd78

I have a set of Nitto 33's on 17's. Love them. The Duratrac was my other choice but a few friends recommended the Nittos so highly I went that route.

Top Bottom