Reason for Rubi E sway-bar disconnect failure?

I was curious to know why most Rubicon E sway-bar disconnects fail? Is it because of a bad housing seal or electronic issues? How could failures be avoided?

I will be purchasing a Rubicon in the Spring and would like to know what sort of issues are involved with the Rubicon E-disco. I also know there is a mod from EVO that makes the disconnect manual in case the electronic part kicks the bucket.

Just brainstorming why failures happen in these disconnects and how it could be avoided.

Kalums

Well Chrysler could make them water proof or atleast better water resistant. #1 reason for failure is the electronic motor, occasionally (years in between)you will need to disassemble and re lubricate/clean. But i have a Rubicon disco bar on my 13 sport and after i got the Evo manual disconnect, tore it down clean the heck out of it (previous owner got lots of water in it) and re-lubed with synthetic gear grease it works great.

Angry Aussie

Just get the evo manual sway bar disconnect and save yourself the headache. Plus with the rubicon electronic sway bar disconnect can only be used when your in 4wheel lo. For me it's better to have the manual disconnect so I can be disconnected while in 4 hi. And it's one less thing to crap out on you on the trails. Just my two cents

Moochie

It's not always the actuator that fails. The mechanism that connects the shafts gets gunked up and won't work properly. By default, the 2 shafts will try to connect. When they don't, the dash light will flash and you will be disconnected until it is fixed, no matter what is used - OEM actuator or EVO No Limits.

uberc4

You can disconnect in 4Hi or 4Lo...
^^2x I run 4hi disconnected all the time. It's just when you go over a certain speed it reconnects. It's kinda annoying you can't disconnect in 2wd. Save yourself the trouble and get the EVO No-limit!

Top Bottom