Spacers... Who uses them on XJs?

77boomer2007

Watched Eddie's video on axle shaft swap on a JK when I saw him taking off a wheel spacer.. I was wondering if any of my Cherokee brethren use them on their set ups.

Teach me on why you do and what are the pros and cons on them.

WJCO

Meme King
Watched Eddie's video on axle shaft swap on a JK when I saw him taking off a wheel spacer.. I was wondering if any of my Cherokee brethren use them on their set ups.

WJ here. When I lifted mine 4 inches, it definitely had a different feel, felt top heavy. I originally bought the spacers to offset that by moving the wheels out. I run 2 inch spacers on mine. It may be psychological, but it felt better right away on trails and turns. I also think I had a rear shock clearance issue with the new tires. It's been so long now, I don't remember.

jeep (16).jpg DSC02137.jpg

jamesrw30

I am running 3 inches on my WJ with stock wheels and no spacers simply because I haven't had any rubbing issues. As stated above, with the right backspacing then you should be good unless you are wanting to stick to stock wheels.

tdougherty81

No spacers needed if you get wheels with correct back spacing. 1451393906788.jpg
On my JK I am however running spacers. 1451394005390.jpg

Top Bottom