What does your Cockpit *cough* interior look like ?

mo0s3

Details:
Rubicam camera system by Red Peak off road
Cobra 29lx
Custom built IPad mount I built for $7 [emoji16]
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1451356627.986498.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1451356643.550340.jpg

mo0s3

I use the Gaia app. It works offline, you just have to download the map. I have to say it is possibly the best $19 I ever spent on a app.

mo0s3

Yeah I believe I found the app on the forums here. I did a run at Truck Haven and it records the trails. It is fantastic! I'll take a pick so you can see.

mo0s3

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1451358984.380730.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1451358997.580416.jpg
The cool thing is you can take a picture of the obstacles on the trail and it creates a waypoint for you so you can go back to the same location. And if you look at the second pick with the multiple colors it does a different color for each recorded trail .

JCDriller

I run Gaja on my iPad as well. iPhone isn't mounted but it goes on the little round mount on the dash. I just took these photos to show off my new pistol mount, it's magnetic, so not make/model specific and VERY strong. Made by COJO, ~$30.

DMF

I run Gaja on my iPad as well. iPhone isn't mounted but it goes on the little round mount on the dash. I just took these photos to show off my new pistol mount, it's magnetic, so not make/model specific and VERY strong. Made by COJO, ~$30.

How do you like that iPad mount? I've been looking for the same mount but not too sure what it's called. I believe they call it a Ram Mount but when I tried to look that up not much is coming up.

JCDriller

How do you like that iPad mount? I've been looking for the same mount but not too sure what it's called. I believe they call it a Ram Mount but when I tried to look that up not much is coming up.

I love the ram mount, I think its called an X-grip. Earlier tonight I ordered a new arm that articulates in the middle to try and place the iPad in a little better position. The ball that mounts to the factory grab handle came from www.nakatanenga.de, haven't seen anyone selling them stateside yet.

Irish Pirate

The cool thing is you can take a picture of the obstacles on the trail and it creates a waypoint for you so you can go back to the same location. And if you look at the second pick with the multiple colors it does a different color for each recorded trail .[/QUOTE]

That is too cool. I figured stuff like this was out there, just hadnt seen it. It looks like a pretty bad ass app. I think im going to get it.

DMF

I love the ram mount, I think its called an X-grip. Earlier tonight I ordered a new arm that articulates in the middle to try and place the iPad in a little better position. The ball that mounts to the factory grab handle came from www.nakatanenga.de, haven't seen anyone selling them stateside yet.

Thanks for the link. Doesn't look like they ship to the US though

JAGS

Hooked

Ram mount is the type, but there are many styles. I was just in TTFHELLs jeep and he used a ram roll bar/tube type mount and attached it to the dash grab handle. Then an extension and an iPad mount to that. Looked good.

You can search Amazon for ram mount, iPad ram mount, etc and a ton of options/pieces will come up. From there, you'll need to decide your install direction. Here's a couple screen shots.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1451373915.349454.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1451373929.041469.jpg

DMF

Ram mount is the type, but there are many styles. I was just in TTFHELLs jeep and he used a ram roll bar/tube type mount and attached it to the dash grab handle. Then an extension and an iPad mount to that. Looked good.

You can search Amazon for ram mount, iPad ram mount, etc and a ton of options/pieces will come up. From there, you'll need to decide your install direction. Here's a couple screen shots.

Thanks Jags, I thought that mount would damage my grab handle so I passed up on that. If I knew it was ok, I could have save myself some money. I went ahead and order this setup. Think I can use it for other things like a laptop or even a tray for my lunch!:eek:

WastingMyMoney.JPG

mo0s3

I almost went with the grab handle as well, but making it from scratch was fun [emoji16]
And again the Gaia app is beyond my expectations. Hell I would have paid 100 for it if I knew then what I know now lol

mo0s3

Cool set up!!! Love the pistol holder !!

Havoc40

Awesome set-ups. JCDriller...what kind of rear view monitor are you running? I'm thinking of doing the same thing.

Exodus 4x4

Not sure I would trust that magnet mount for a loaded weapon in an accident.

I wondered about that too. I personally never carry with a round in the chamber so it's not an issue for me. It takes all of a second to pull the slide back on my 1911 and chamber a round.

Top Bottom