Rear flood light mounting options

Oldvolks

Howdy folks! Anyone have any suggestions/ideas on mounting rear flood lights? I've seen pics of something from Rigid Ind. but can't seem to find any sites that sell them. I'd like to put it over the rear tire but I am open to your thoughts......

Lukasd

I purchased mine on Amazon with the tail light mounts, all from Rigid. I wired them in a switch instead of the backup lights. I also have the color covers (green, etc..). I like them high vs. on the bumper.

Coop

Caught the Bug
I would stay away from the bumper area. I have a LoD bumper with the floods mounted in the bumper. It seems the heat from the muffler melts the insulation on the wiring and it shorts out. Your wire insulation options are limited, as this area also gets wet. I would avoid running the wiring in the bumper area all together. Higher mounting the better I think. If you do run the wiring in the bumper, use THHN, it's 90 degree C and wet locations rated.

Oldvolks

I was looking into the idea of mounting something over the spare tire and using the existing wire grommets from the 3rd brake light as insulation from the elements. Wasn't too keen on drilling holes into my rear light housing, the brackets are cool but man those things are expensive to replace if I screw it up.

Top Bottom