Best tires for me

NatalieDixon

I have a new 2013 Wrangler jk that I am looking to get new wheels and tires for, along with a 3 inch suspension lift. The wheels that I have decided on are fuel hostage 17x9 (http://www.mhtwheels.com/wheel.cfm?cat=683). I have been researching tires for awhile now but I just can't decide which ones would be best for me. I really like nitto trail grapplers. Anyone have an opinion?

I will be doing a lot of onroad travel (my jeeps my DD) along with offroad. I will be mostly going through mud and on trails, but no serious rock climbing. I'm looking for a tire that will give me great off road performance but also a good tread life and reasonable price.

FoxC

I absolutely love my nitto trail grapplers. Outstanding off road in just about anything and they ride great on road with just a slight hummmmm. I think with consistent rotations you should be able to get more than 40,000 miles out of them easy. They get only thumbs up from me...:thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nitto Trail Grapplers are hard to beat. They are what we're running now on our Dozer JK and they really have performed well for us.

RockIt Man

I have Nitto MUDs on my Jeep and Nitto Trails on my truck. Love them both. Both have performed well both on and Offroad for me. I have not had any problems with ruptures, tears, balancing etc.

Personally I would opt for the Nitto MUDs (for the more aggressive look, and slightly better Offroad performance) but I will say to be prepared for the hummm. Especially top off. but thats actually a feature that i like about them :rock:

StrizzyChris

Personally I would opt for the Nitto MUDs (for the more aggressive look, and slightly better Offroad performance) but I will say to be prepared for the hummm. Especially top off. but thats actually a feature that i like about them :rock:

Muds are great.....but not for everyone! They wont last as long as the trail grapplers and they sound like a low flying prop plane about to land on ur Jeep. If you can get past that every day all day while ur driving or talking to your passengers, then they are BADASS!

bl17z90

Turn the radio up? :thumb:

But seriously I wouldn't mind a set of those on my JK but my lady would kill me. :thinking:

xjryder

I live in Indiana and winters and seasons change, I have about 4 friends that work at BF Goodrich, and they always get me hooked up with some BFG Mud Terrains, I have run BFG AT's on the last 3 Jeeps I have owned I like the way they perform, I just bought a set of 37's for my LJ and am re gearing for the tire which is a must if you are going bigger. Yokohama Geolanders I ran on my XJ had 30k on em, and the BFG AT had 34k and that was with mild wheeling in mud sand and some rocks, in the end its your choice so do alot of research on what you want Good luck

NatalieDixon

Well I ended up with toyo open country m/t 265/70/17. I'd heard great things from friends and thought I'd give them a try, since the nittos and toyos are made by the same company. so far I love the look and ride! :)

JaySC

Muds are great.....but not for everyone! They wont last as long as the trail grapplers and they sound like a low flying prop plane about to land on ur Jeep. If you can get past that every day all day while ur driving or talking to your passengers, then they are BADASS!

Is that with the windows open or closed? I can't imagine carrying on a conversation with that noise.

SFC_LOPEZ

I had 35" Nitto Trails on Fuel Hostage wheels on my 2012 JKU Sahara before it was totaled by a semi that decided to rear end me on the interstate. Loved them in every aspect. My new 2013 JKUR is getting 37" Mickey Thompson Baja Claw TTC's once they arrive from the warehouse. Figured I would give them a try since they were on sale.

TankTrap1.jpg

TankTrap4.jpg

DSC00869.jpg

aldaman

I have Nitto MUDs on my Jeep and Nitto Trails on my truck. Love them both. Both have performed well both on and Offroad for me. I have not had any problems with ruptures, tears, balancing etc.

I feel the same way with my Boggers ;)

DSCN0936.jpg

Gibbo

It's a bit late now that NatalieDixon has made a decision, but my Cooper STT'S have been great. They have just over 34000 miles on em, and they wouldn't be half worn yet. Or just on. It's hard to tell. Great tire anyway.

Top Bottom