New Lights for the 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, according to a new article on Allpar, their sources indicate that the all new 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler will keep traditional round headlights (thank goodness) and they might even be available in an LED or HID option as well. And, for most of us, I think that's great news! That being said, it looks like the new rendering they posted up showing the turn signal lights on the outer fenders is something that we can also expect to see. Apparently, this will be a cost cutting move as it will allow Jeep to use just one assembly for both forward facing and side marker lights.
allpar.jpg

rendering.jpg

Last but not least, I had been hearing rumors for a while that the new JL tail lights will look more like what you see on the Renegades now.
index.php

You can see the article here:
http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/2015/12/new-headlights-for-the-2018-wrangler-30889

As always, I'd love to hear what you guys think about some of the changes we can expect to see on the all new 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler. :yup:

JeepFan

Hooked
Not a big fan of integrated fender turn signals but, I have to admit these look pretty good.

Can't wait to see on in person.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not a big fan of integrated fender turn signals but, I have to admit these look pretty good.

Can't wait to see on in person.

I have to agree, with the turn signal lights out on the fenders like that and the slanted grill, it reminds me of a TJ and as much as I loved ours, it was never a feature on it that I liked. But, I too am looking forward to seeing one of these in person. :yup:

uberc4

The fender lights are kinda weird. Guess the Fender chop needs to go back to the drawing board on the JL...

Sharkey

Word Ninja
The entire front end reminds me too much of the ugly-ass YJ Renegade package. Like Pig, I would like to see some dramatic changes...especially if Jeep makes another truck. It's time for Jeep to take a bit of a risk and move the peg forward a couple of notches. The baby steps are annoying and only create direct comparisons with the JK.

73160791.HWSXzyMl.jpg

Last edited:

CJW

That front bumper gets uglier every time I see it. LEDs would be a welcome option though

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
The entire front end reminds me too much of the ugly-ass YJ Renegade package. Like Pig, I would like to see some dramatic changes...especially if Jeep makes another truck. It's time for Jeep to take a bit of a risk and move the peg forward a couple of notches. The baby steps are annoying and only create direct comparisons with the JK.

View attachment 179971

Thats what it reminded me of!

What the hell was jeep thinking

r2fasani

I like the Renegade-style tail lights and am REALLY happy they're keeping the round headlights. I'm on the fence about the integrated markers in the fenders. I hope we get a good spy shot soon, but it's still probably too early to capture any test vehicles out in the wild.

Ddays

Hooked

That's a great point. The Jk is 10 years old now. I had hoped that something more would have been done with the JL to differentiate it from the JK. An ugly ass bumper, slightly laid back windshield, and a curved grill? Meh....looks like the're playing it too safe

Top Bottom