Rear Aussie Locker

hhunter050

So I installed my rear aussie locker and I'm just wondering if anybody on hear could help me out. It seems to click worse when turning left versus right? Any ideas on what it could be are helpful. I put full synthetic diff oil in it so could I need a thicker oil to quiet it down a bit?

robx251

Caught the Bug
I don't really notice a difference with mine. I can tell you that it is very noticeable depending upon the load your putting on it. I find it will snap instead of click If torqued around a corner, also I notice a lot of drive line slap.

LeighP

That sort of locker will make different ratcheting noises under different load conditions...and it'll unlock with a bit of a louder clack and you'll feel the rear kick a little if you transition from "on" to "trailing" throttle while cornering....all pretty normal.
I ran a similar Richmond locker in a street car for years, and it gets so you don't notice it much.

hhunter050

Alright sweet. I figured out the reason it's clicking worse turning left is because my axle is off centered to the left about a 1/4". I did the "spin test" to test the locker and it passed with flying colors so that's the only thing I can come up with. We will find out if that's it or not once my new adjustable rear trackbar gets in

Top Bottom