Rubicon t-case

Jeepnoub

Not sure if this is the section to post this. But what is a fair price for a rubicon t-case '12 and up auto trans?

I'm really not ready to start doing any upgrades to my 16 jkus. But I have a hookup on one for $700 to my door. It's out of 2015. If it's a once in a lifetime deal I'm thinking of getting, even though I should put that toward paying off the jeep. What's everyone's thoughts?

uberc4

Sounds like a good deal to me. From my research, they tend to run $1100-1400 around me. Guess it all depends on where you live too.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Not sure if this is the section to post this. But what is a fair price for a rubicon t-case '12 and up auto trans?

I'm really not ready to start doing any upgrades to my 16 jkus. But I have a hookup on one for $700 to my door. It's out of 2015. If it's a once in a lifetime deal I'm thinking of getting, even though I should put that toward paying off the jeep. What's everyone's thoughts?

Pass on the deal so I can buy it. Seriously [emoji16]

swampdog

What are your plans? Serious wheeling? If so, snatch it. If not, you wouldn't use it anyways.

I would love a rub xfr case but tough to find one compatible with a 13 manual.

Jeepnoub

What are your plans? Serious wheeling? If so, snatch it. If not, you wouldn't use it anyways.

I would love a rub xfr case but tough to find one compatible with a 13 manual.

Eventual plans will be 50/50 wheeling and driving. I drive a company truck and only put about 7k miles on my current car.

But for now, it's mainly the wife daily driver for a year or two. But she is okay with a small lift and 35's.

I guess I just don't know if it worth jumping ahead of other upgrades.

Buster3479

It's a great price. If I had a chance at one for under $900 to my door that I knew was in like new shape with low mileage, I wouldn't be able to pass it up. We don't see a lot of good shape, not destroyed ones available out East, lack of conversions out here I guess. It's on my to do list with the way we wheel, not at the top, but on it. If you think you'll be wheeling hard in the next few years, I'd recommend buying it. Great find.

Jeepnoub

Well as promised I am going to put this out there for anyone who wants it. After an unexpected property tax bill and a blown down fence, my momma don't know fund has been depleted.

So here you guys go. The best way to find it is to go to car-part.com. plug in 2012, jeep, wrangler, and then tcase, and obviously the rock trac case for a/t. It's at the bottom of the page for $525. Call the number and they are on the east coast so shipping is $200.

Hope someone here can get this deal.

RVJKU

Well as promised I am going to put this out there for anyone who wants it. After an unexpected property tax bill and a blown down fence, my momma don't know fund has been depleted.

So here you guys go. The best way to find it is to go to car-part.com. plug in 2012, jeep, wrangler, and then tcase, and obviously the rock trac case for a/t. It's at the bottom of the page for $525. Call the number and they are on the east coast so shipping is $200.

Hope someone here can get this deal.

That is an oddly low price for that transfer case. I checked it out and not saying your incorrect, but maybe a data entry error. That listing does not confirm it's a rock trac as most of the others do. And it does not list the part grade as most others do. The cheapest confirmed rock trac is 800 and noted as "guts only". The ads that are confirmed rock tracs and are "A" rated parts, range from $1000 to $1400. The $1000 to $1400 range being the typical norm. This thread caught my attention as I happen to have one of these for sale from a 2014 with auto. I swooped on it due to it's super low miles and not from a salvage yard. I found out after my purchase that I cant use it as I have a 2011.

Jeepnoub

That is an oddly low price for that transfer case. I checked it out and not saying your incorrect, but maybe a data entry error. That listing does not confirm it's a rock trac as most of the others do. And it does not list the part grade as most others do. The cheapest confirmed rock trac is 800 and noted as "guts only". The ads that are confirmed rock tracs and are "A" rated parts, range from $1000 to $1400. The $1000 to $1400 range being the typical norm. This thread caught my attention as I happen to have one of these for sale from a 2014 with auto. I swooped on it due to it's super low miles and not from a salvage yard. I found out after my purchase that I cant use it as I have a 2011.

I talked to my good friend who works for lkq in Rancho Cordova. He told me it appeared to come from a jeep demo. I called the lkq location it is in stock. Confirmed with an employee there, that it was a rock trac from a 2015. But he couldn't confirm it came from a jeep demo. He also confirmed the price and shipping.

As with any purchase a person should do their own homework and make sure what they are purchasing is correct.

Top Bottom