Smittybilt XRC 9500 Comp Winch

Jern26

Just had to share my opinion. Was at work today changing out a shitpump, long story short one of our forklifts bottomed out in the mud.

Pouncing at the oppurtunity to jeep at work, I volunteered to hook my new xrc 9500 lb winch up and give it a go.

Forklift (with counterweights, etc) weighed around ~9000 lbs, frame bottomed out. This winch did not miss a beat. Even under full load, the front end squatted right down, and the winch didn't even change its tone. Freespooling, pulling, and untangling/respooling the synthetic line was so easy to manage compared to cable it was unreal.

But i just figured I would throw my 2 cents with this brand/model out there for others to see. For the price, and after this test I will say it is not a bad budget winch! It still sucks that it's made in China though.

I really wish I could've afforded a warn at the time, but I'm not as disappointed anymore. Hope this helps someone down the road!

mds22

I have a X2O 10k. Out of all my friends that have had smitty winches, I'd say it's 50/50 the ones that have problems. I tested mine twice before I took it out on the trail. After that I feel confident, plus I'm never the only one with a winch.

JKRicky

I have an SB 10k and though it has worked several times just fine, I worry about that one time I really need it and it breaks. Like someone said 50/50, I'd rather have better odds than that when in a pinch. That being said, I'll be getting rid of my SB when I can afford it. Until then, I'll keep my fingers crossed when winching lol

Jern26

I have an SB 10k and though it has worked several times just fine, I worry about that one time I really need it and it breaks. Like someone said 50/50, I'd rather have better odds than that when in a pinch. That being said, I'll be getting rid of my SB when I can afford it. Until then, I'll keep my fingers crossed when winching lol

Couldn't agree with you more. If the winch doesn't work, my backup is the hilift jack and snatch block to pull with, but that's not really too reassuring lol

WarriorJeep

I have had my SB XRC 9.5 mounted and in use since April and have used it nearly every time I went wheeling without a problem. When it gives out I will likely install something else just to test it, but I do have a Warn still in the box should I need it

Frost

I've had the Smittybilt X20 10k since August and haven't had any problems using mine once I properly installed it.

Top Bottom