Iced up windows...

dmpowder

Anyone else's windows ice up on the inside? Seems only to do it while going down the interstate. Every other Jeep I passed didn't seem like they had any issues. Which makes me think there may be a secret tip I'm not aware of or something might be shot on mine..

Bad top seals...
I know I am missing the rear floor drain plug....

Jeepers46

Sounds like your getting water inside the cabin somewhere. I have an older car that has a leaky sunroof. When it rains a lot it gets the back carpet pretty wet and will cause moisture to condensate on the inside of the windows/windshield.

CdnJeepDan

Happens all the time depending on the humidity both inside and outside of the Jeep.

• Make sure you do not have the cabin air setting on "recycle" so that it's drawing in fresh air from outside as needed. Of course if it's humid outside, like in a sticky snow storm, you're screwed anyhow.
  • Make sure the slot grills outside in front of the windshield are clear and free of any snow and ice, preferably before starting the Jeep, so you don't suck any into the system.
  • Empty the snow/ice/water from your floor mats regularly
  • Run heat on Floor-only setting when warming up. Adjust to other modes as needed once the Jeep is warmed up.
  • Run the defrost mode only when it gets frickin' horrible, which it often does, especially that bottom left corner right in front of the driver. Grrr. This will suck out humidity by using the AC. Personally, I find if I run the defrost I get absolutely horrible interior fogging the second I switch it to another mode so once it's on defrost, it stays there. Goodbye gas mileage.
  • If you're running a 4 door, lower the rear windows a crack to help pull out humidity, unless it's wet snowy outside then you're screwed anyhow.
  • This one sounds stupid but put your sun-visors down when it gets really bad. Somehow it traps/redirects the warm air across the inside of the windshield and helps it to defog. Flip them up once it's defogged.
  • Wear a toque or hat if your hair is wet.

JeepJeep75

This may sound counter-intuitive but, once the engine has a bit of heat in it, turn on your air-conditioner. Leave the heat setting on full warm with the ac on. The ac system is really good at removing moisture from the air. The auto-climate system always has the ac compressor running to control moisture. It's sometimes annoying when the engine is cold, but the ac goes do a good job of getting rid of the humidity inside the cabin.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
This may sound counter-intuitive but, once the engine has a bit of heat in it, turn on your air-conditioner. Leave the heat setting on full warm with the ac on. The ac system is really good at removing moisture from the air. The auto-climate system always has the ac compressor running to control moisture. It's sometimes annoying when the engine is cold, but the ac goes do a good job of getting rid of the humidity inside the cabin.

This. It's amazing this isn't part of every basic driving course. I see people with super fogged up windows (which eventually turns into ice) all the time. It's always humidity in the cabin that does this...recycle or fresh air doesn't really matter....it's the AC that dehumidifies and will alleviate this. It's actually in nearly every car manual too, but nobody ever reads them.

MrHooah04

Awesome to know! Thanks

CdnJeepDan

The AC automatically is turned on in either the Mix or Defrost modes.

JeepDefrostModes.PNG

Last edited:
Top Bottom