Ping/Rattle in 1st and 2nd gear

xxJWPxx

I've noticed a ping/rattle sound as i'm driving when I first start driving for the day. I can hear it mostly in first and second gear and by the time I shift into third it's not noticeable or I just can't hear it past the normal engine noise at that point. The issue seems to only occur when the engine is somewhat cold, so basically my first drive of the day. After a bit the pinging/rattling goes away.

Any thoughts on what this might be? I'd describe the sound as more of a ping than rattle.

Some points worth noting regarding my Jeep:
- 2014 Sport (3.6 Pentastar)
- Superchips programmed to 87 Tune
- Banks intake & exhaust

I've tried upping my gas to 89 octane, which didn't make a difference. I've gone through two full tanks at 89.

WJCO

Meme King
I've noticed a ping/rattle sound as i'm driving when I first start driving for the day. I can hear it mostly in first and second gear and by the time I shift into third it's not noticeable or I just can't hear it past the normal engine noise at that point. The issue seems to only occur when the engine is somewhat cold, so basically my first drive of the day. After a bit the pinging/rattling goes away.

Any thoughts on what this might be? I'd describe the sound as more of a ping than rattle.

Some points worth noting regarding my Jeep:
- 2014 Sport (3.6 Pentastar)
- Superchips programmed to 87 Tune
- Banks intake & exhaust

I've tried upping my gas to 89 octane, which didn't make a difference. I've gone through two full tanks at 89.

Maybe post a video. If it truly is a ping, I've had great luck over the years with BG 44K. 1 can in the tank has always taken care of pinging for me. I've used it on 3 different vehicles with good luck. Oreillys sells it now too so it's easy to get ahold of.

Top Bottom