New Wheels!!

JEEP212121

Alright everyone... I need help. I need to know what 17 inch wheels look good on our JKs out there!! Trying to keep the price under 150 per. Go!!!

150 would be tough. If you would go to the 165-175 range, youd have some better options

Edit: by better, i meant better selection.

Last edited:

swampdog

Nope. Back spacing was sufficient. I may add the spacers in the future just to get a wider look, but not a priority now.

JEEP212121

Nope. Back spacing was sufficient. I may add the spacers in the future just to get a wider look, but not a priority now.

Yeah I got ya and understood. I don't think I will get them right away either. I'm looking to do my 2.5 RC lift and wheels and tires around tax time. Just doing all the research I can now so I am satisfied. Anymore advice is welcome.

swampdog

I have no personal experience with the rough country lift but have been told by man to avoid it. Apparently, it is poor quality and rides like a log truck.

JEEP212121

I have no personal experience with the rough country lift but have been told by man to avoid it. Apparently, it is poor quality and rides like a log truck.

Yeah since I have been a part of this forum I have seen and heard that a lot. The guys that I'm going to use put them on ALL the time and everyone seems to like them around here. I'm not sure what I wanna do. What lift do u run or like?

swampdog

I run a Rock Krawler 2.5" kit and am really happy with it so far. You will get a lot of people here who run Evo kits and love them as well. It all depends what your budget is.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Yeah I got ya and understood. I don't think I will get them right away either. I'm looking to do my 2.5 RC lift and wheels and tires around tax time. Just doing all the research I can now so I am satisfied. Anymore advice is welcome.

I am assuming you have the 16" steel rims that come stock or do you have the 17" Moab spoke rims? If you have the 17" rims I just recommend some spacers and throw the 35s on them.

As for the lift, I have the RC budget boost and I recommend it if you like the way your Jeep currently rides.

swampdog

Absolutely. Could run 37s with the proper bumpstops and trimming fenders. You can run 35's stock with trimmed fenders

JEEP212121

I am assuming you have the 16" steel rims that come stock or do you have the 17" Moab spoke rims? If you have the 17" rims I just recommend some spacers and throw the 35s on them.

As for the lift, I have the RC budget boost and I recommend it if you like the way your Jeep currently rides.

Yes right now I have the stock 16s, but I'm going to go 17 and 35s. I don't mind the way my jeep rides honestly. Been looking at a Zone lift as well. Gonna check out some other options before I decide. Just can't spend a fortune.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Yes right now I have the stock 16s, but I'm going to go 17 and 35s. I don't mind the way my jeep rides honestly. Been looking at a Zone lift as well. Gonna check out some other options before I decide. Just can't spend a fortune.

Take a look at the RC Series II 2.5" budget boost. It comes with everything you need except bump stops.

I'd also look around on CL for 17" take offs. At least in my area you can get all 5 for $200ish.

PrestonBarringer

I run a 4" RC lift with 35" BFG would not recommend RC lifts like swampdog said rides like a log truck bushing are poor quality but costumer service is great... I plan on replacing my shocks very soon

JEEP212121

I run a 4" RC lift with 35" BFG would not recommend RC lifts like swampdog said rides like a log truck bushing are poor quality but costumer service is great... I plan on replacing my shocks very soon

Well with the budget boost pack I would keep my stock shocks for now. May replace them with fox shocks at some point to smooth out the ride

Top Bottom