Big boy engine!!

5280Sapper

I'll get a wiring harness and maybe some motor mounts.. But the rest I'll do myself.. I use to be a tech.. Can figure most out!

5280Sapper

It did but I can delete it if I can't get the tuning I need for the swap.. Have done a few over the years and many of gm's

JeepJeep75

It did but I can delete it if I can't get the tuning I need for the swap.. Have done a few over the years and many of gm's

That should be fun. Have you decided on which computer your gonna run it with? Assuming it's out of a Challenger or Charger. Or maybe the Holly system? Maybe Haltech? I can only imagine what you must be going through trying to decide since there's only about 100 different ways to go. Looks like it's gonna be really cool.

5280Sapper

That should be fun. Have you decided on which computer your gonna run it with? Assuming it's out of a Challenger or Charger. Or maybe the Holly system? Maybe Haltech? I can only imagine what you must be going through trying to decide since there's only about 100 different ways to go. Looks like it's gonna be really cool.

I'm not sure yet.. I'd like the keep it as easy and clean less complicated as possible.. I haven't done many aftermarket mopar refi systems only ProEfi on corvettes and ctsv's. I still haven't really found any places that aren't 20k for their kits yet..

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
I wish I could find a free 6.4! Nice job! Yes the LSs are cheaper but cub for cub tha hemi makes more power. The 6.4 with vvt and active intake is one of the nicest modern v8s made. Aluminum block would be nice but it's really only 80-90 lbs difference. Hell that's half a tank of gas.

5280Sapper

I wish I could find a free 6.4! Nice job! Yes the LSs are cheaper but cub for cub tha hemi makes more power. The 6.4 with vvt and active intake is one of the nicest modern v8s made. Aluminum block would be nice but it's really only 80-90 lbs difference. Hell that's half a tank of gas.

yeah you can't beat free for sure..!

Hot94Z28

I think a big reason for LS swaps is the aftermarket is so big for them and a lot easier to get one.

With that said i think a Hemi swap is cool and even better with a free motor.

LSX-Jeep

LS is the way to go. I have experience with both the Lsx and hemi's. Ls any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

5280Sapper

My only hesitation is the free motor.. I'd rather build an ls I have a bunch of stuff from ls7 out of my ZO6... But buying a new trans and engine and other kit seems more of a hassle

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
You can still run the Jeep NAG1 automatic with the LS3 using an adapter........this is what's next for me after my 3.6 gets tired.

~Woodrow~

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
LS is the way to go. I have experience with both the Lsx and hemi's. Ls any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I love these posts. The only benefits of an LS over a 6.4 hemi in a JK are cost and weight (only if you are using aluminum block LS). Getting 500 hp / 500 tq out of an LS and maintaining the low end torque takes a lot of money. Ya there are all kinds of stories about folks making 500 hp out of a junkyard 5.3. In order to do that, you have to put in a huge cam and lose all your low end torque. It's easier with the 6.0 or 6.2L but again common method is big cam and you actually make less torque down low than it did stock. The active intake in the 6.4 and the ram 5.7 makes great power and torque down low and also great higher rpm hp because it has both long and short runners. The biggest downside to the hemi is cost and aftermarket support for mods. I guess if 500 hp isn't enough sell it and get an LS. It all depends what you are using it for too. On the hwy both do great. When wheeling I prefer to have to broad torque curve below 2500 where i spent a lot of my time.

5280Sapper

I don't have to pay anyone to build or weld my stuff either.. Being a former Chevy and dodge tech I can do almost anything

Top Bottom