Roll Cage

bldmncj

Looking to put a cage in my 2014 JKU. Was looking at the PS trail cage, Is this a good cage or should i go to the full cage. My second choice would be a GenRight cage any input would be appreciated.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
A few people have had some issues with the Poison Spyder Trail Cage, such as the windshield not fitting correctly, the top not sealing at the window, the side bars (next to the dash sides) rubbing the doors, creaking and popping at the bar joints, just to name a few.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I suggest the rock hard cage. No need to drop the windshield and it's a very simple install believe it or not. They have a great video as well that walks you thru it step by step.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
The PS cage does not tie into the windshield. In my opinion, that is a deal breaker design flaw and can make it difficult to ensure proper fitment of the top.

You should go with the rock hard.

firecrew1

+ 1 vote for the rockhard

i have the rock hard.. its great, had it in the last jeeps ive owned without issue

CCTX50

Rock Hard all the way. Easy install. I did it in my garage by myself in a day. Good customer service also.

CCTX50

Looks good! Did you have to trim the hard top roof panels too? Definitely agree on the Rock Hard route.

Yes, I had to trim some of the freedom panels where the knuckles mount. When they are installed you cannot tell they were modified. There is no leaking due to this. EASY!!!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
The Rock Hard really looks good. Are there any issues with the canvas tops?

The only issue is if you have a two door and want to run the rear cage section. That piece doesn't allow you to fold the soft top down without having some quick release pins at the main hinge

Top Bottom