LS conversion with manual transmission

GoldenJK

Been searching and can't find any info about LS swaps with a manual transmission. Lots of info for auto trans LS swaps but thats not what I have or want. Have a 2007 2 door. Has anyone done the swap using a manual like the T56? Not looking for opinions about auto versus manuals. Any info about V8 swaps with manuals would be much appreciated

Fortunate

I've talked to Motech about this and they feel the stock 6speed would be fine with the 5.3 but have indicated the 6.2 might be too much for the transmission.

I want to keep my 6speed and 4:1 for my swap but that 6 speed auto is probably a better way to go.

Like you I have been searching the forums for an LS manual without any luck

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
You should be able to do a T56 behind one. Depending on what motor you actually get, you can find them as a pair.

Though I haven't looked into it, an NV4500 would be stout. Or an NV5600 would be stout too and be a 6 speed but I don't know if or how it would work either.

GoldenJK

I would sure like to find an LS/manual kit and someone with experience running this conversion. Can find kits and info about the Hemi/manual but want to exhaust the LS options before going that route. The Hemi 5.7 VVT truck engine with a Getrag 238 manual seems like a good setup but I prefer the lower weight LS plus they run cooler.

thardy

Banned
I would sure like to find an LS/manual kit and someone with experience running this conversion. Can find kits and info about the Hemi/manual but want to exhaust the LS options before going that route. The Hemi 5.7 VVT truck engine with a Getrag 238 manual seems like a good setup but I prefer the lower weight LS plus they run cooler.

My suggestion would be to put a call in to Motech.

Top Bottom