PDA

View Full Version : Guns

Notajerryskid
12-19-2012, 07:19 PM
With all the stuff going on about guns. I was wondering what percentage in our community is pro gun or anti gun.

NOT LOOKING FOR WHY ONE WAY OR ANOTHER....... Just what percentage

Please do not go on rants about it one way or another.

If you own a gun a please answer the bottom 2 questions.

The poll is privet and no one can see what you selected.

JAGS
12-19-2012, 08:09 PM
With all the stuff going on about guns. I was wondering what percentage in our community is pro gun or anti gun.

No rant, but will say there are guns and then there are GUNS.

piginajeep
12-19-2012, 08:11 PM
the CCL part is kinda lame on the Poll, its damn near impossible to get one in some places:grayno:

kaptkrappy
12-19-2012, 08:34 PM
the CCL part is kinda lame on the Poll, its damn near impossible to get one in some places:grayno:

They hand them out like candy here in Florida.

And we have the "Stand your Ground" law too.

(bang,bang)

piginajeep
12-19-2012, 08:44 PM
They hand them out like candy here in Florida.

And we have the "Stand your Ground" law too.

(bang,bang)

Not in California. Even as a former LEO. I dont think I could get one :grayno:

Notajerryskid
12-19-2012, 08:48 PM

you can in northern cali. but forget so cali. Yea I agree I didn't think it through on the CCL license questions:naw:

BlackKnight
12-19-2012, 08:50 PM
I've had a CCL since I was 18, Mom was a cop, and I knew the chief of my town. This was back when Mass has three types of licenses (techically 4)

1. FID (Firearms ID) for Rifles, could be carried in an unshootable state for heading to target/hunting areas.

2. Target (Pistols) same as above.

3. Protection (life only) was a CCL but could only pull the weapon on threat of the endangerment of life (yours or other)

4. PLP Protection of Life or Property, basically you could pull the weapon if somethreatened your (or others) life, or threatened to take property.

I had the PLP and only had to draw my weapon once, Someone was breaking into my house at 22, he opened the door to a great suprise, I was aiming at his head with a Desert eagle .50 cal... I only had to say 8 words, "On the ground now or die! Your Choice..."

Paisano
12-19-2012, 08:55 PM
Just ordered another AR to add to the collection!:D
Tried to get a 80% Lower also but back ordered until march.:sigh:

gtony12
12-19-2012, 09:04 PM
Orange County is really almost impossible to get your CCW. Its best to get a few letters of recommendations and a good reason why you want it. Then it can take 6 to 8 mos to get an answer from the sheriff's. Pain in the A$$!!!:icon_crazy:

Paisano
12-19-2012, 09:11 PM
San Diego will not issue you a ccw except in certain circumstances and then it would only be for short period of time! Now in Kern County I heard they'll give them out.

Atch
12-19-2012, 09:31 PM
It's incredibly easy to get a ccw in Iowa. All you have to do is take an online course which takes about 15min & turn in your certificate of completion to the sheriff

MTG
12-19-2012, 09:41 PM
In Nevada you just check the box at the DMV while applying for you DL and state whether you want a CCL or not. :idontknow:

I'm kidding BTW.

TrailBear
12-19-2012, 10:14 PM
I don't really count for the poll, I have all long rifles and scatter guns, no pistols, we would be up the creek without a paddle if we used them to defend ourselves here so I see no need for me to own a pistol. My wife is law enforcement and would like her to get herself one for practice to stay sharp.

10frank9
12-19-2012, 10:33 PM
San Bernardino County is incredibly easy. I ha one at the age of 21. Just have to have a reason. Only took about 2 months to process.

JKAnimal
12-19-2012, 10:42 PM
(disclaimer- not a rant just wordy :) )Well I'm in TX and we are still a bunch of gun toting Cowboys for the most part. I have a few hand guns and a few rifles. I hunt when I can and I'm a member of a shooting range. I take my kids out with me and teach them proper gun safety and how to shoot. They know the difference between what you see in the movies and real life ie. the truth of what an actual gunshot sounds like and what it does to that which is shot vs. the romanticized Hollywood gun fight. (we don't play violent video games or watch horror flicks either)

I don't have a CHL (concealed handgun license) but in the wake of these last few shootings I have seriously considered getting one. I find myself continually scanning crowds and looking for areas of cover in case some wacko should suddenly appear. I've tried to educate my kids about what bullets can and can't go through (in regards to where to hide) and talk to them about what to do and how to stay alive if someone ever comes into where they are and starts shooting.

As far as guns and laws go I'm not sure what a good solution is. I honestly don't feel like stricter gun laws will help with the kind of acts of violence we have seen recently. I don't think the media helps... If a low capacity mag law comes out (which it probably will) that just means the mags will fit better in the pockets of the criminals and they can carry more mags IMHO.

Here is a good link to the FBI Homicide page. http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-8

But I digress... :thinking: :naw: :crazyeyes:

xjryder
12-19-2012, 11:47 PM
Im from Indiana and it takes a app online $84.95 for the fingerprinting and then $50 for a local fee, and its been getting pretty bad here the robberies have shot up and they have been getting more violent and braizen with efforts. I believe education helps people not be afraid, and I go to any gun store and buy an AR for cheap. Most anyone with common sense doesnt get all excited about stricter gun laws here. I am former military so I grew up on guns in the house and took gun saftey classes throughout my childhood. I hope everyone understands what stricter gun laws would do to the average joe that doesnt make $30,000 a year and thinks about someday getting a conceal and carry.

gtony12
12-19-2012, 11:49 PM
low capacity mag law.

CAL. Law states, I can only use mags that hold 10 rounds witch is fine with me. I am not sure how they will stop what happened in Cont. from happening somewhere else. I know for me I will be a little more focused on people around me. I really hope I never see what happened last week, happen again in my life time. Very sad!:grayno: Hope this makes sense!:twocents:

Robar
12-20-2012, 12:29 AM

If you own a gun a please answer the bottom 2 questions.

If you post up a thread about gun laws know that someone will rant. People are very passionate about the topic no matter what side of the debate they are on.
As far as the poll goes I did not vote as none of those questions apply to me or how I feel about things.

ProfessionalDriver
12-20-2012, 01:25 AM

As mentioned... CCW's are easy to obtain in Kern County. I don't know the exact stats, but I'm pretty sure that Kern County issues the most CCW's in California on an annual basis.

I've recently looked into obtaining one, and because I'm on call 24/7 and report to remote areas without cell reception, I can get one. At least that's what I've been told, I haven't applied yet though. I need to though... before all of our gun rights are stripped.

OverlanderJK
12-20-2012, 02:17 AM
I have multiple guns and wish I had a CCL but like said above, its near impossible.

And all I will say about the stricter part, guns don't kill people, people kill people.

ichthus
12-20-2012, 04:49 AM
As noted earlier, CC takes little to acquire here in Indiana. My wife and I each got ours, but rarely carry.

Ret Vet 007
12-20-2012, 05:14 AM
In spite of the numerous "country folk" jokes we endure in this state, Oklahoma is very permissive in its gun laws (see below). Guess that is why we rarely have issues like we saw last week because allot of people are pack'n. Not saying there aren't crimes with weapons, but if you act like a nut in Oklahoma you may be accelerating your face to face meeting with God.

http://gun.laws.com/state-gun-laws/oklahoma-gun-laws

13JKUR
12-20-2012, 05:18 AM
It's really easy to get a ccw in Wisconsin also (which the law just passed for us to get them) all I had to do was submit my hunters safety certificate and $50. 2 weeks later I had it in the mail.

JKRay
12-20-2012, 05:22 AM
I love guns, have shot them and grown up with guns since I was 5. I hunt and target shoot all the time and keep one near me at night just in case. Our rights are very important to me and no matter what you do about the gun laws the criminals will still get the guns and it will just leave us good guys defenseless... But of course Im just a big ol redneck from Bakersfield so of course I think this way! haha :brows:

supra_launch21v
01-08-2013, 05:15 AM
I have had my CC for a long time. I am a firm believer of the 2nd amendment. Here is my rant: I am not worried about foreign invasion. That is what our military is about. Who determines, though, what an enemy is domestically? Is it a liberal? Is it a conservative? Is it a christian, a muslim, etc? Our 2nd amendment keeps a "check" on our government to not oppress us. I firmly believe it is every citizen's responsibility to be armed. I have spent some time thinking about this. I am really curious how any citizen can argue what I just said. Let me know, I value all opinions.

Indychavez
01-27-2013, 08:13 AM
Guys there well be an extremely important meeting across the nation were we can bring new ideas to the table. The app is Zello the Chanel is theigfamily the time is 3:00 Pacific time. 01/27/2013 I'm just trying to spread the word. Thanks.

cdl
01-27-2013, 04:30 PM
Indy,

What is the basis of this meeting?

ssgp2
02-01-2013, 03:40 PM
The future is here and gun control might be irrelevant;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENY7OJtI3Xo

Defense Distributed
http://defcad.org

GetOut
02-01-2013, 07:54 PM
Long time hunter, and sport shooter. Got my first rifle when I was 10, the career paths I have chosen (Marine/Fed LEO) have required that I carry a firearm nearly every day of my adult life. Even when not on duty I carry. I do not think banning is the answer, as honestly if a person does not care that it is illegal to kill somebody why would they care that the weapon they use is illegal? But there are some things which could be tightened up in the acquisition process, for example the gun show loophole is just plain scary. Even as a gun owner who is extremely for gun rights watching money and weapons trade hands between patrons at gun shows makes me cringe.