Heater Issues

ericmaynor

So, Like many on here i am having heat issues with my 2012 JK. Same issues, Hot on passenger side, cool/warm on drivers side. it seems to be a 50/50 split on whether it is heater core or blend doors. Will someone who has had this fixed respond with a solution. While I appreciate the friendly banter I see on here, I would like to not have to run down a rabbit hole. I have already looked behind glove box door and highly considering flushing the core with some CLR.
Thanks in advance.

WJCO

Meme King
So, Like many on here i am having heat issues with my 2012 JK. Same issues, Hot on passenger side, cool/warm on drivers side. it seems to be a 50/50 split on whether it is heater core or blend doors. Will someone who has had this fixed respond with a solution. While I appreciate the friendly banter I see on here, I would like to not have to run down a rabbit hole. I have already looked behind glove box door and highly considering flushing the core with some CLR.
Thanks in advance.

It does not sound like a heater core, but to isolate it, with a laser thermometer, check the temperature on your inlet and outlet tubes on the engine side of the firewall. They should be roughly the same temperature. As far as the heater core being plugged externally from dust/debris/etc, you would likely have a change in air volume from the vents, not just the temperature and temperature should still be constant from one side of the dash to the other. Being that you have hot air on one side of the dash and not the other, it is most likely not a heater core issue IMO. But I do not own a JK nor have seen this kind of issue being related to a heater core. You could always disconnect the battery cables to see if you could reset any HVAC module memory, but if it is a mechanically stuck actuator or door, this most likely won't do anything.

t8er

Theres a tsb from Chrysler on this. Basically some heater cores have slag from the welding process in them. This is what causes this issue. Check in the coolant overflow tank and if you see metal in there you need a new heater core.

Top Bottom