Windshield Saver

CDNJeepinScotts

Hi gang....anyone ever tried a windshield film/protector to prevent all those rock pits/chips.....I see a few companies doing them...similar to IPhone protection I believe. Any thoughts?

thx

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Sounds like it could be a good idea, but I think the main issue is how flat the windshield is, and also the unprotected edge it has as well.

james2003w

Wait what?! That sounds awesome... where do I sign up?

I have that AVS Bugdeflector on my rig, it's pretty nice. But it does not stop everything. I also have a $0 deductible on glass through my car insurance company (I pay $400 extra a year, but at $498.76 for part+install...). I'm on my third windshield in just over a year and the extra premium has already paid off.

Think I went through 6-7 different windshields in 4 years on my previous Jeep at $387/each (thats after install with just a basic window). I keep getting the fancy Rubicon window tho with the rock crawler in the corner which is a $400 part alone.

CDNJeepinScotts

Wow...I thought it was probably common. I will find the link and post it for you. Was hoping someone had experience with it. Apparently you just rip it off and put a new one on after it gets scuffed up.

Petromotion

NY insurance has to fully cover glass by law. So 4 free windshields in 5 years. And of coarse Safelight will always give the expensive part with the logos when insurance pays for it.

ali@home

Ive got a film protector on mine and so far it has held up fine. I wrote a bit about it in my "build" thread along with some pictures here:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?33003-Ali-s-Tank-Green-Build-Blog

Im assuming you are talking about the same type of product, It is basically like a tint or clear bra on the outside except a lot thicker. Only annoying issue with it is that it can get scratched if you have small rocks on your wipers and use your wiper blades when its dry.

Top Bottom