JKUR Hard Rock fog light size

kfchris

Hey all,
I Picked up a Hard Rock front bumper for my JK last weekend and I was wondering if anyone has one or knows if the stock fog lights in my Sahara would fit in the buckets for the hard rock?

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Hey all,
I Picked up a Hard Rock front bumper for my JK last weekend and I was wondering if anyone has one or knows if the stock fog lights in my Sahara would fit in the buckets for the hard rock?

They will NOT fit. The HR fogs are different. I ran into the reverse of this problem with I swapped out my HR front bumper for an LOD and tried to move the fogs over... Ended up having to mount and wire the winch twice! Once on install, and again after breaking it down to install stock fogs... :grayno:

phi502

They will fit with a additional bracket. Check out Maximus 3. They sell a bracket to put a regular JK fog light in a HR bumper. I have not done this. This is just based off what I have read.

kfchris

thanks gents. i'll have to mock it up and see how it looks when I put the bumper on. budget won't allow for lights I don't think so I'll see if I can mount the stockers with a little persuasion for now then get others later.
If the hole is the same size I'll get it to work.

kfchris

My concerns for this will be the mounting and if I can even use the Sahara upper and lower trim/cover with the hard rock bumper, I'll have to figure that out when I take the stocker off and mount the newly acquired one up.

Just an update. for future reference really more than anything.

I did a bit of research and found that maximus 3 as earlier mentioned in a post looks to be correct for mounting both stock and aftermarket fog lamp in the original location of the hard rock bumper. I emailed Maximus and am waiting on a reply now with confirmation.

Also after some searching and reading the OEM diagram I have these part numbers straight off the mopar parts site

68231963AA bumper cover/fog light mount left side
68231962AA bumper cover/fog light mount right side

68231957AA fog light bracket left side
68231956AA fog light bracket right side

Planning on not using the tore screws for many reasons and I'll go with simple grade 8 for the big stuff. Looks to be mostly M10 bolts needed. The diagram says 16 are required.

Last edited:
Top Bottom