Headed to the Rubicon next July

BillTheCat

I'm headed to the Rubicon trail next July with a friend.

Vehicle: Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Year: 2013
Color: Black
Transmission: Automatic
Suspension: Rock Krawler JK 3.5" Lift
Wheels & Tires: Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 315 70r17
Bumpers:
Spyder Winch Mount Front Bumper
Smittybilt XRC Armor Rear Bumper with Hitch
Drivetrain:
G2 Gears 5.38
Winch:
Engo 9000S Winch
Lights:
Engo 20 inch LED Light Bar 120 Watt, Amber & White Multi-Function
Engo 4" SW-Series 27W LED Flood/Work Lights
Accessories:
Stryker SR-89MC CB Radio
Superchips TrailDash
ARB Air Compressor

I'm going to 37's when these tires are toast in a couple of years.

I do 1-2 upgrade mods per year $$$ permitting. I'll be looking for challenging trails this year so what are the upgrades that are the biggest bang for the buck excluding tires.

Hope this isn't too vague.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I don't see anything listed in terms of protection so I'd spring for the Evo skid plates for the oil pan, transmission and cross member. You may not make it off the Rubicon without those...

2011jk

You will be fine with 37" and with what you have, its not really that hard of a trail if you pay attention

WarriorJeep

I agree, having been on the Rubicon trail more than a dozen times top to bottom. Should be fine as long as you pay close attention

Focus focus focus and your good.

Me...I would invest in some undercarriage protection. My first time I punched a hoe in my trans pan

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I agree, having been on the Rubicon trail more than a dozen times top to bottom. Should be fine as long as you pay close attention

Focus focus focus and your good.

Me...I would invest in some undercarriage protection. My first time I punched a hoe in my trans pan

Undercarriage protection is a must. Put your cash in to some.

The newer jeeps come with a lot from the factory. I might recommend an oil pan skid but I myself don't even have one. I've done the rubicon the last three years with no added protection under my jeep.

Top Bottom