32incch x 12>50-17 on Smittybilt tire rack ?

Pastor Scott

Just wondering if my 32 x 12.50 17 spare tire on the smittybilt tire rack will be strong enough ?
cant afford one of the bumper deals with the hinge and all..

thanks
P Scott

projectMMTB

I'm not exactly sure about the product you're talking about but if it's a reinforcement for the stock carrier it'll be fine
Even the stock carrier with no reinforcement is fine to run a 32" easily

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
The stock carrier comes with a 32" tire already so yea in gonna say your going to be fine

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I would sell the smittybilt garbage and just keep the factory. Then you'll have more money than you started with.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
32incch x 12>50-17 on Smittybilt tire rack ?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1452053468.337883.jpg

Running a 35 on the factory mount now for over a year and probably 8k-10k miles now with no issues.

Last edited:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I would sell the smittybilt garbage and just keep the factory. Then you'll have more money than you started with.

Agree,

A friend of mine is running the one with the swing away attracted to the tailgate. It's noisy, needs readjusted constantly ..

I've installed my fair share of bumpers., this is by far the worst quality.

Of course it didn't snap off like a teraflex so that's a bonus

Tallhamer

I run a 33x12.50 17x9 inch wheel on factory carrier and no problems I agree you be fine running the 32 inch tire on carrier.

Running a 35 on the factory mount now for over a year and probably 8k-10k miles now with no issues.
This ^^^^^ an aftermarket carrier(esp smittybilt) is a waste for a 32. Ive had a heavy ass 35 on my factory carrier with no problem. Its probably knocking on being too heavy, but so far, so good.

Top Bottom