Lift Kit Ideas

Jk_Jeremy

So I'm new to the Jeep life and recently purchased my first Jeep 2 months ago. I've been wanting to get a lift put on and I'm thinking of going the route of a 2.5''. Some people have told me to get the TeraFlex lift or the AEV lift. Im on a budget of about $1,200 and would just like some opinions.

Thanks for the help!

So I'm new to the Jeep life and recently purchased my first Jeep 2 months ago. I've been wanting to get a lift put on and I'm thinking of going the route of a 2.5''. Some people have told me to get the TeraFlex lift or the AEV lift. Im on a budget of about $1,200 and would just like some opinions.

Thanks for the help!

I would say no, and no. Just kidding, sort of. Whats your end goal? Desired tire size, usage and so on?

dillard09

Thanks for the help!

Welcome to the family. If you can answer the question that MedixJK asked you the fellas will help steer you in the right directions. Alot of peeps on here have learned the hard way and will no doubt help you to spend your hard earned money rite the first time.

Jk_Jeremy

I would say no, and no. Just kidding, sort of. Whats your end goal? Desired tire size, usage and so on?

Honestly my end goal is to have a pretty solid built Jeep and one day be able to do the Rubicon Trail. My desired tire size is 33''. All I have really looked at putting on right now is the 2.5'' lift with disconnects. But then again i've been told I should look into a 3'' lift if I'm going to go with 33'' tires.

WarriorJeep

Thanks for the help!

Welcome to WAL

IMHO Terraflex or AEV would be a waste of money, they are manufactured from mild steel and aren't what I would call an "investment". I'm sure you can find something much more durable for your budget

dillard09

Honestly my end goal is to have a pretty solid built Jeep and one day be able to do the Rubicon Trail. My desired tire size is 33''. All I have really looked at putting on right now is the 2.5'' lift with disconnects. But then again i've been told I should look into a 3'' lift if I'm going to go with 33'' tires.

What year model and package is your jeep?

BertaNation

I have heard good things from this group about the evo leveling kit. I have no experience w it personally but surely it will clear 33s. Sure someone will chime in

projectMMTB

Evo leveling kit.
Best bang for your buck.
I've never ran it but if you just search the forum there's plenty of guys that love it. I've never heard any complaints about them at all.
You really can't go wrong with evo, if you buy something with their name on it you know it's going to be top of the line and built to last

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Welcome to WAL

IMHO Terraflex or AEV would be a waste of money, they are manufactured from mild steel and aren't what I would call an "investment". I'm sure you can find something much more durable for your budget

I don't even know where to start with this.

I agree not to buy them but not because they aren't "durable" more because they ride like shit.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug

I would do the 2.5 inch if your going 33s I have 33s now with a 2.5 inch lift and it's a very good mix. I'm wanting to go to 35s though. But I also have cut fenders.

Sharkey

Word Ninja

33's are pretty small for the Rubicon with a JKU. Can you do it? Sure. But, you are going to get hung up a lot and probably have to get a tug/winch pull quite a bit.

uberc4

I would recommend the EVO leveling kit with chopped fenders on 35s. That way, you can at least get it on 35s, but save some money in the process. :thumb:

Last edited:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

If you like the way you Jeep currently rides I recommend a 2.5 budget boost. I also recommend 35s over 33s. The bigger tire will get you to a lot more places than 33s will.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
As mentioned by some others already, a 33" tire is pretty small for a 4 door. I ran a 33" tire with a leveling kit on my 2 door, and initially ran a 33" tire on my 4 door with no modifications. I currently run a 35" tire on a JKS 2" lift with full fenders. I personally think a 2.5" lift with 33s (especially if you cut the fenders) will have too much gap and therefore look like a sky high rollerskate. Something to keep in mind is most if not all advertised 2.5" lifts will give you more 'actual' lift. As an example, my JKS JSPEC 2.0 lift yeilded me exactly 3" of lift on my current rig. If you were to get a really stiff spring like TF you will likely be looking at much more lift than the advertised 2.5"

2 door on 33s with leveling kit
IMG_0324.jpg
IMG_0323.jpg

4 door on 33s bone stock
SAM_0466.jpg
SAM_0475.jpg

4 door on 33s with JKS JSPEC 2.0 Lift (In my opinion the tires look too small with the lift)
IMG_0289.jpg
IMG_0291.jpg

4 door on 35s with JKS JSPEC 2.0 lift
IMG_1583.jpg
SAM_2229.jpg
IMG_1741.jpg
IMG_1743.jpg

Also, I would definitely agree that a 33" tire is too small for the Rubicon on a 4 door. You will high center alot and I would suggest planning for some great skid plates and a really good winch (things you should probably have anyways). If the Rubicon is your ultimate goal, I would plan around a 35" tire if it were me.

For what your looking at doing, id have to say a 2.5 BB lift and 35s would be ideal considering the budget.

Top Bottom