1310 vs 1350 Drive Shafts - An Internal Debate

Charlie Mike

Looking at getting the Front and Rear EVO Bolt-on Coilover Kits for my 2011 4dr Rubicon in the near future. I have 35" tires and don't plan on going any bigger.

I'm having an internal debate with myself right now about whether I should get 1310 or 1350 drive shafts. I'm leaning towards 1310s just because of the argument that you would want your drive shaft's u-joint to be the weak point. Rather swap a U-joint in the field than a Ring&Pinion.

Can anyone give a strong argument against this? Or any reason why I should go with 1350s instead of the 1310s which I'm leaning towards? :beer:

Atch

Looking at getting the Front and Rear EVO Bolt-on Coilover Kits for my 2011 4dr Rubicon in the near future. I have 35" tires and don't plan on going any bigger.

I'm having an internal debate with myself right now about whether I should get 1310 or 1350 drive shafts. I'm leaning towards 1310s just because of the argument that you would want your drive shaft's u-joint to be the weak point. Rather swap a U-joint in the field than a Ring&Pinion.

Can anyone give a strong argument against this? Or any reason why I should go with 1350s instead of the 1310s which I'm leaning towards? :beer:

I'd say you'd be good with 1310's if you're sticking to 35's. 37's seem to be the cutoff point as to which way to go

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You'll be fine with 1310's but, it should be noted that they are technically weaker than a factory shaft. If you can afford to go 1350, I personally would recommend that. So long as you're not running too high of a ratio, your R&P will be fine.

Charlie Mike

wayoflife said:
You'll be fine with 1310's but, it should be noted that they are technically weaker than a factory shaft. If you can afford to go 1350, I personally would recommend that. So long as you're not running too high of a ratio, your R&P will be fine.

Cool thank you! Might have to do 1350s then.

I'm planning to regear the same time I get the EVO bolt-on coilovers installed. What are your opinions on the 1350s with 4.88 gears? Should I go higher or lower? Currently running stock 4.10s.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Cool thank you! Might have to do 1350s then.

I'm planning to regear the same time I get the EVO bolt-on coilovers installed. What are your opinions on the 1350s with 4.88 gears? Should I go higher or lower? Currently running stock 4.10s.

On a 2011, 4.88 will get you up to about stock performance. 5.13's will give you a bit of an extra boost. That's what I ran back in the day when I was running 35's and liked it a lot. The only thing you need to be aware of is that your RPM's will be on the higher side at highway speeds. Not that big of a deal or at least, not to me but, it should be noted.

Gibbo

I went the 1350's. That's what Reel recommend for a 2 door on 35" or larger tires, and more than a 4.5" lift.

Top Bottom