Jeep jk alignment

ralfman5

Hi everyone, i have a 2015 jku with 3" lift and evo long arm kit, pr44 and i just got my alignment done at a shop and i received a print out of my settings. I would like to know if these numbers are good and what would i need to fix.. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1452142453.345326.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1452142471.312428.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1452142453.345326.jpg

Skid_Kid

That printout looks like it should be the before settings, also should have been on the top if they had done any adjustments those would be on the bottom. The alignment rack looks like a Hunter due to the printout. Did they say they aligned it?

Skid_Kid

Yes. It was a hunter.

Then all they set was the toe, during the alignment if you have adjustable control arms, the caster should have been set as well. Not to mention if it was a 4 wheel alignment they should have changed the setting to make adjustments to the rear.

ralfman5

so just set the caster?? any advice from reading these numbers?i'm going to have to do it myself. what a waste 100 bucks. could have saved it for my rear evo dtd.

WJCO

Meme King
FYI, you can pick up one of those analog magnetic angle finders cheap for like 10 bucks on ebay. I haven't had much luck finding them in stores around here.

mr72

IDK about changing anything. Maybe a fraction more toe in in the rear, if your Jeep feels darty, but otherwise [from a non-Jeep specific perspective] those numbers look pretty good to me.

WJCO

Meme King
Even caster looks good?

Caster is too high. It won't cause tire wear though if you can't get it fixed right away. Ideal is listed in the alignment thread, but even if you went down to 6 that would be better. As suggested, you probably need to lengthen your upper control arms or shorten the lowers.

mr72

Even caster looks good?

That much caster angle is higher than a stock JK, but it doesn't necessarily mean it is too high. I would think it's sort of a matter of preference. ~8 degrees of caster is on the high side even for non-Jeeps, but it's probably not a bad thing. Ordinarily the complaint I have read about is too little caster on Jeeps, especially with a lift. Less caster angle will contribute to a more vague on-center feel and more caster angle makes the wheels auto-center more aggressively.

I don't think that number is necessarily too high. I'll let Jeep experts comment on whether it will cause excessive wear or other issues, but in the event it doesn't, then it might be simply a matter of preference.

WJCO

Meme King
That much caster angle is higher than a stock JK, but it doesn't necessarily mean it is too high. I would think it's sort of a matter of preference. ~8 degrees of caster is on the high side even for non-Jeeps, but it's probably not a bad thing. Ordinarily the complaint I have read about is too little caster on Jeeps, especially with a lift. Less caster angle will contribute to a more vague on-center feel and more caster angle makes the wheels auto-center more aggressively.

I don't think that number is necessarily too high. I'll let Jeep experts comment on whether it will cause excessive wear or other issues, but in the event it doesn't, then it might be simply a matter of preference.

Your correct as far as steering preference, 8-9 probably feels beautiful on the road. Only down side is that as caster gets higher, it creates a less-desired front pinion angle and can cause vibrations.

WJCO

Meme King
Good to know! The Jeep suspension and steering feel very foreign to me.

Yep. The only way to achieve a change in caster on a Jeep is that the axle has to twist up or down, so pinion angle will always change when setting caster.

Top Bottom