A Full Size 225/75R16 Spare FITS in the Renegade!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Originally, Cindy and I decided to just install 4 new 225/75R16 Cooper Discoverer STT Pro's on our Jeep Renegade and keep the factory spare. Our thinking was that we probably wouldn't be able to fit a full size spare under the trunk and really, the difference in size wasn't too far off to be a problem. That being said, I had the front wheels off our Renegade yesterday as I was doing some work and just before wrapping things up, I thought that maybe I should just give it a try. So, I opened up the rear end, removed the factory spare, foam insert and tool bag and popped in one of our new wheels. And, what do you know - IT FITS!!

IMG_5108.jpg

After fiddling with things a bit, I was even able to get the tool bag back in but not the foam insert which really isn't a big deal. Of course, the trunk deck went right back in as well and without any issues. Anyway, I just thought some of you might be interested to know that you can carry a full size 225/75R16 spare in the back of your Renegade. Guess I'll be ordering up another wheel and tire now :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know what the exact difference is but the new Cooper Discoverer STT Pro mounted on the HHR wheel "feels" just a bit heavier than the stock setup. If I could guess, it's most likely a 5-10 lbs. difference and really, far from enough to make a difference let along cause a visible sag.

Top Bottom