Jeep Renegade Winter Wheeling on the Rocks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, so it wasn't exactly snowing but, there was enough melting snow on the trail to make things super slick and the rocks weren't exactly the biggest in the world but, for a Renegade without rocker guards, they proved to be plenty big enough. With that disclaimer out of the way, I'd like to share some pics that Cindy and I took from a fun filled day out on the trail with our Daystar lifted Jeep Renegade Trailhawk. I hope you enjoy :)

Our original goal for the day was to visit an old cold war era top secret rocket test site north of Reno but unfortunately, the road to it was locked up and there signs everywhere telling us of the dire consequences if we were to trespass beyond the gate.
main.php

So, we decided to head back down the hill and go out to an area that we knew we could have some fun.
main.php

WooHoo!! Renny getting some 3-wheeling action in ;)
main.php

Exploring some of the routes in the area.
main.php

main.php

Time to play on some rocks :)
main.php

main.php

main.php

Thanks to the melting snow, the trail was really slick but amazingly, the traction control system on the Trailhawk kept us moving forward even with just 3 and sometimes only 2 tires making contact with the ground.
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

With all that, we only hit the pinch seam just behind the rocker trim once and you can't even tell. What sucks is that I know this little Renegade could have done much more but, without rocker guards, it just wasn't worth the damage we'd sustain. Still, we had a great time on the trail and now it was time to head back for home.
main.php

Pyro1415

How would you rate the renegades off-road ability compared to say a stock jk sport or rubicon. Debating getting one for the wife.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
How would you rate the renegades off-road ability compared to say a stock jk sport or rubicon. Debating getting one for the wife.

LOL!! To be perfectly honest, there is no comparison or at least, when it comes to the rocks or any hard trail use. A bone stock JK sport will spank a fully loaded Renegade Trailhawk with a lift and bigger tires like we have. That being said, driving hard and fast across on desert or fire roads, the Renegade is simply AWESOME and super comfortable even with full street pressure in the tires. In the snow or stupid slick icy roads, the traction control system on the Renegade is also far superior to the JK. You just have to understand what the Renegade is and what it isn't.

Cool pics! That little thing is awesome!

Thanks! It's just so crazy how much fun wheeling can be even on the most simple easy terrain. We really do love this thing. :yup:

CastleRockJeep

Thanks! It's just so crazy how much fun wheeling can be even on the most simple easy terrain. We really do love this thing. :yup:

I think it's all about pushing whatever you're driving, that's what makes it fun. It doesn't matter if it's a fire road or carnage canyon BV if it is challenging for what you're driving or your own capabilities/comfort zone it's fun.

JAGS

Hooked
Man, that little thing can go. That looks as much fun as anything else!! [emoji41][emoji41] I wonder how the Cherokee trailhawk would do in similar terrain?? May need to do a WAL drive test. [emoji106][emoji6] lol.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Assuming that's the same rocket place we've talked about and if you had gotten in and not bothered to send a text I would have been pissed. :)

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Looks awesome! I'm always growing more impressed with the renegade everytime I see wheeling pics from you guys!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think it's all about pushing whatever you're driving, that's what makes it fun. It doesn't matter if it's a fire road or carnage canyon BV if it is challenging for what you're driving or your own capabilities/comfort zone it's fun.

Couldn't agree more.

Man, that little thing can go. That looks as much fun as anything else!! [emoji41][emoji41] I wonder how the Cherokee trailhawk would do in similar terrain?? May need to do a WAL drive test. [emoji106][emoji6] lol.

I think the Cherokee would have done better on the trail we were on if only because it has a lower range and a taller stance from the factory. That being said, it too would have benefitted from a set of rocker guards.

Assuming that's the same rocket place we've talked about and if you had gotten in and not bothered to send a text I would have been pissed. :)

LOL!! Yeah, that would be the place. I had heard that it was locked up but was in the area and decided to double check just to make sure. :crazyeyes:

LAS

LOL!! To be perfectly honest, there is no comparison or at least, when it comes to the rocks or any hard trail use. A bone stock JK sport will spank a fully loaded Renegade Trailhawk with a lift and bigger tires like we have. That being said, driving hard and fast across on desert or fire roads, the Renegade is simply AWESOME and super comfortable even with full street pressure in the tires. In the snow or stupid slick icy roads, the traction control system on the Renegade is also far superior to the JK. You just have to understand what the Renegade is and what it isn't.

Nice to hear this from some hardcore Jeep folks.

Can't wait to get our(wife's) Renegade to look and perform like yours. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice to hear this from some hardcore Jeep folks.

Can't wait to get our(wife's) Renegade to look and perform like yours. :yup:

LOL!! I don't know if I'd consider myself "hardcore" but we definitely love our Renegade. :yup:

Top Bottom