Drive Shafts

Strawman

Possibly a stupid question but I've got an 09JKU and as per usual with a lift the boot has torn on the front drive shaft.

While I save up for an upgrade I found a 2014 JKU front drive shaft.

Would I have any issues doing a direct swap?

Is there any difference between the 2?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The bolt up the same but if I recall, they are slightly different lengths. I don't know if it's enough to matter but, you will just tear it again. I would recommend that you just drive with what you have on your Jeep now until you can afford to upgrade. Not like it's going to immediately self-destruct on you or anything :cool:

Possibly a stupid question but I've got an 09JKU and as per usual with a lift the boot has torn on the front drive shaft.

While I save up for an upgrade I found a 2014 JKU front drive shaft.

Would I have any issues doing a direct swap?

Is there any difference between the 2?

The bolt up the same but if I recall, they are slightly different lengths. I don't know if it's enough to matter but, you will just tear it again. I would recommend that you just drive with what you have on your Jeep now until you can afford to upgrade. Not like it's going to immediately self-destruct on you or anything :cool:

As Eddie said, ive been told by a large retailer of jeep parts that they are indeed different lengths.

Top Bottom