Pastor Scott

On my 2015 JK - looking at simple bulb upgrade but so many to choose from
any suggestions ?

nothing that throw codes or burns harnesses

thanks
P Scott

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
If your looking for better light output a simple bulb change will not help due to the way the headlight bezzle is designed. A better option is to just replace the whole unit with a set of truck lites. Spend the money once and get an amazing product

kfchris

I've had good results with sylvania bulbs in the past, both for output and life.

Unfortunately a complete headlight upgrade isn't in the budget so that's ruled out for the immediate future. Sometimes we gotta work with what we got.

shortyokc

in the past on my Jeep Commander, a Chrysler 300, and a dodge ram i got the Sylvania silver star ultra and was a huge difference in brightness and color and was totally satisfied, so when i got my wrangler i assumed the same result. the only thing that changed when i installed the new bulbs in the wrangler was the color and even then was hardly noticeable. i was very disappointed and run them for a few months, might as well of had candles for headlights. i tried readjusting with no sucess. i now have the JW Speaker 8700 J series and was totally worth the price, brighter than the HID's on my wife's Kia Optima.

mr72

Go to danielsternlighting.com to get educated on halogen bulbs. There is no way to overcome the fact that in order to get more light output from the same wattage bulb you absolutely will sacrifice bulb life. With some bulbs you can get maybe 50% more light output which is noticeable but not nearly as much as you might think, but they will last like 1/5 as long as the OE bulbs.

If you are really not pleased with the light output then entirely new headlights are probably in order, I wouldn't waste my time fooling with different bulbs since in just a few years you will pay more for bulbs alone than you would have paid for LED headlights to begin with.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I've had good results with sylvania bulbs in the past, both for output and life.

Unfortunately a complete headlight upgrade isn't in the budget so that's ruled out for the immediate future. Sometimes we gotta work with what we got.

Not saying that they are bad bulbs at all since I ran them in other cars as well. In the JK tho the headlight design doesn't help with focusing and shining the light like you would expect it to do. If you look at the design of truck lites the specifically cut the lense in half to an upper low beam and the lower section is the high beam. This allows the light to be focused outward more.

kfchris

Not saying that they are bad bulbs at all since I ran them in other cars as well. In the JK tho the headlight design doesn't help with focusing and shining the light like you would expect it to do. If you look at the design of truck lites the specifically cut the lense in half to an upper low beam and the lower section is the high beam. This allows the light to be focused outward more.
Oh i know dude, they look pretty nice. I can't justify that price, even though at night on these country roads I'm always wanting more visibility! In time, I don't run stock lights for long in anything I drive.

Shadow's_Jeep

Caught the Bug
I had them in my 96 F-150 4x4 an they worked great, in my 09 JKU not so great. I wouldn't waste my money. Save up for the Truck Lites.

spicoli

As has already been said, a simple bulb change will not make it any better. Placebo effect maybe, but not in reality. Sometimes whiter bulbs can make you see more but in actuality the blue tinted bulbs (how they get the white light) don't really put out more light.

Save your money and do it right, replace your headlights. Bang for the buck it is hard to beat Trucklites. $369 shipped w/ anti-flicker harness is a great deal. They are so bright you will not need fogs.

Top Bottom