Hazards, Hill Decent, Traction Control not working

Tango_Down

Hey everyone, I am new to the forum and looking for a bit of help. My JK hazards, hill decent, and traction control buttons are no longer illuminated and not working. Has anyone experienced this issue? Thought it may be a fuse issue but not sure if they all operate from one common or multiple fuses? Where would it be located/fuse number? Thanks!

WarriorJeep

Is it throwing any codes?

To check your Jeep JK Wrangler’s DTC codes, simply insert your key into the ignition, turn it to the ‘ON’ position but do not start the engine. Then, push the key into the ignition cylinder and while holding it in, turn it to the ‘OFF’ position and then back to the ‘ON’ position (3) times straight making sure to end with it in the ‘ON’ position. It is important to keep pushing in on the key to prevent it from catching at the different positions along the way.

If you do step #1 correctly, all your dash lights will illuminate and your odometer will show up as a series of (6) dashes as shown in the pic to the left. If your Jeep JK Wrangler has any logged in any DTC’s, they will be displayed soon after the dashes appear.

If your Jeep JK Wrangler has not logged in any DTC’s, the dashes on your odometer will be followed by the message ‘-done-’. Turn your key to the ‘OFF’ position and you will in fact be done.

JeepJeep75

I just had my dash apart recently. The whole row of buttons your having issues with is one little plug on the back side. Maybe something was done to cause the plug to be left or knocked loose.

Tango_Down

Thanks for the recommendation. Strait forward and simple. Just tried and I did not get any codes , (6) dashes at the odometer level, or the "done" message. Tried about 15 times fast, slow, and a variety of sequences. Not sure if this process has worked for others? Thanks.

WarriorJeep

If no codes then its likely a physical issue e.g. a loose connection or bad switch.
Have you tested to a see if the hill descent still works?

Tango_Down

Nothing happens when any button is pressed. Normally I would at least see the tc symbol light up on the instrument panel. That's not even responding. I will definitely check the single connection JeepJeep75 mentioned.

Tango_Down

Thanks to JeepJeep75, that was the issue. Last trip to the stereo shop they removed the panel and caused the issue.

Top Bottom