Possible faulty truck-lite??

thechrisjones

I bought a pair a truck-lites about six months ago and all of a sudden I have 1 light that is stuck on low and high beam. Has anyone seen this before? What's the best way to troubleshoot the root cause? ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1452468777.756487.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
I bought a pair a truck-lites about six months ago and all of a sudden I have 1 light that is stuck on low and high beam. Has anyone seen this before? What's the best way to troubleshoot the root cause?

See if you have power present in the high beam circuit at the light connector itself. If it is present, something on your vehicle is shorted causing power to be there when it shouldn't. OR switch lights from side to side and compare results.

I would also do the same as WJCO, I'd check power at the vehicle plug itself. Do you have the Anitflicker devices installed? (They look like LED lights). If so then check it past the Truck-Lite anti-flicker device adapter

This will give you a good way of check to see where the problem is. At the vehicles harness, or the anti-flicker device. (If applicable)

Thanks,

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
While your at it put some dielectric grease on it. If all else fails contact truck lite and they will gladly take care of you.

thechrisjones

Not sure if I have a anti-flicker device. Unless it comes with one then I don't have a flicker device. I will run the test you guys recommended today

Bunz-o-fun

Agree with WJCO. Try switching sides (or even a buddy's jeep)
If all else fails, truck lite will definitely take care of you. I had one light more yellow than the other. They sent out a replacement the same day I notified them.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Trucklight will definately take care of it, if it is a bad light. Do some basic checks first, and then contact your supplier if need be. They will contact trucklight and then you will deal with them directly. That was my experience. Standup company.

thechrisjones

I won't be able to check it until Wednesday. But today driving home the left started flickering so I pulled over and jumped out. It's on the left light and It flickered about 10 times. I hope when I start testing the light it will be stuck in hi beam so I can know for sure if it's the jeep or the light. Thanks again guys!

Top Bottom