JKU Moving Rear Seat?

whytiptoe

Has anyone seen or done themselves, moving the rear seat back to gain some room for say a car seat and/or leg room?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Two door or four door? I don't see if happening in a four door. Two door is possible but it would suck to get in an accident and have you kid get seriously hurt or die because of a shitty seat mount.

JAGS

Hooked
Front seats move forward in a 4dr. Not much other adjustments to go with the car seat LATCH locations. I can't imagine a car seat not fitting. Leg room, my kids have no complaints. If they complain, smack em and tell them they can walk home from the middle of the desert. Hypothetical of coarse. [emoji6]

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
Car seats fit fine with room. I don't think I have ever had a complaint about room in the back of my jku. Definitely can't move the rear seats back.

JeepJeep75

About all you can do is get a rear seat tilt kit in a four door. It tilts the seat back about two inches at the top. As far as sliding it back? Not happening with the OEM brackets.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
About all you can do is get a rear seat tilt kit in a four door. It tilts the seat back about two inches at the top. As far as sliding it back? Not happening with the OEM brackets.

To add to this, even if you Fab brackets the seat will not fit between the wheel wells. I suppose you could mount a factory two door rear seat in the back..

Pyro1415

1 moving seats makes you legally liable for injuries afterwards. 2 there is plenty of leg room back there so if they complain tell them to drive, if they're your kids holy crap stunt their growth at that point. 3 the car seat on its click on base doesn't fit behind me since I have my seat all the way back, so we just shove it behind my wife and it's her problem. Unless your passenger is over 6'2" I think they can have plenty of leg room with the rear facing car seat behind them.

whytiptoe

Well we have taken a jeep for a drive and I'd like to keep my son in a rear facing car seat as well as give my wife some leg room. She is not that tall but it's still nice to have the room. Either way not that big of a deal just curious if anyone has seen or heard of anything.

Totally get this and understand. My 3.5 year old daughter is still in her car seat and it is a "big" car seat. There is no room for the passenger front seat, and most of my friends tend to be like me, 6'3"+. That being said, I did the "recline seat" from eBay and my 7 year old son (who is really tall) noticed the difference right away and loves it. Good luck!

Well we have taken a jeep for a drive and I'd like to keep my son in a rear facing car seat as well as give my wife some leg room. She is not that tall but it's still nice to have the room. Either way not that big of a deal just curious if anyone has seen or heard of anything.

Top Bottom