Some people suck

my_jk

So the over the past 10 days I have been on a road trip from Los Angeles to Vancouver Canada. Tonight on my last night of the trip and I am staying in Portland Oregon I went to check on the Jeep, and some lowlife cut my NX trektop and stole some of my camera and camping gear. Luckily I had my iPad and camera on me. I did a little searching around and can't seem to find a replacement side panel. Does anyone know if you can buy individual panels or am I stuck needing to buy a whole new top?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1452497492.703774.jpg

Last edited:

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
Sorry to hear about this. Unfortunately more then just some people suck, a lot of people suck. As far as your top goes, I can't imagine there are no places that fix that. I feel that is all to common not to have a remedy.

thardy

Banned
So the over the past 10 days I have been on a road trip from Los Angeles to Vancouver Canada. Tonight on my last night of the trip and I am staying in Portland Oregon I went to check on the Jeep, and some lowlife cut my NX trektop and stole some of my camera and camping gear. Luckily I had my iPad and camera on me. I did a little searching around and can't seem to find a replacement side panel. Does anyone know if you can buy individual panels or am I stuck needing to buy a whole new top?

That sucks man. Reach out to BestTop and they should take care of you.

JeepJeep75

Man that is just awful!!! I really hate when dirt bags do shit like that. Good luck getting your top fixed.

my_jk

What is your Comp. Deductible? Usually Vandalism/Theft can be covered for as little as $25 through insurance w/ a police report...

I believe I have a $500 deductible. I'm going to file a police report and call my insurance company today to find out.

TJ4fun

What happened to you, is all to common these days, folks just don't respect others as they should. I blame a lot on the parents of these nitwits. I had spent a lot of time and put a lot of emphasis on respecting other people and there belongings. If you want it, earn it...that was and is my motto. I'm sorry for your loss and the personal violation you experienced. I too have experienced that feeling when i went to the parking lot after work, only to find that my GMC Z71 4x4 was not in its spot. I will allays remember that feeling. I take extra precautions with my jeep and I don't leave anything in my jeep that would temp the idiots. Good luck on replacing the things that were stolen.

Bananaspider886

That's very disappointing I know someone who this has happened to I never lock my jeep for this reason I'd rather then just open the door instead of cutting the top

spicoli

It's really annoying when people do this, I mean if you're going to steal it is super easy to just undo the side window and at least that way my car isn't crippled. Sorry to hear your bad news and sucks you have to being in a rainy place without a side window. Does the hotel have security cameras that might have caught the person on video?

Angry Aussie

For the most part no hotel cares about your vehicle or bother spending money to put cameras in parking lots. Good to hear you had your camera and iPad on you and didn't have them stolen. People suck. Make sure anytime you stay somewhere to bring in all your valuables.

Petthefish

That sucks and in my home town. Unfortunately PDX has a ton of tweekers and homeless. And the police are stretched thin. Sorry it happened brother

crowrb29

Super shitty, the worst part is that if they were smarter criminals they would have figured out that the Windows unzip...

my_jk

It's really annoying when people do this, I mean if you're going to steal it is super easy to just undo the side window and at least that way my car isn't crippled. Sorry to hear your bad news and sucks you have to being in a rainy place without a side window. Does the hotel have security cameras that might have caught the person on video?

That's very disappointing I know someone who this has happened to I never lock my jeep for this reason I'd rather then just open the door instead of cutting the top

Super shitty, the worst part is that if they were smarter criminals they would have figured out that the Windows unzip...

They tried to unzip the windows because they were all unzipped, but I don't think they could figure out how to remove them all the way so they resorted to cutting it and unlocking the door. In the end I learned my lesson and will be buying a storage lockbox in the future.

my_jk

What happened to you, is all to common these days, folks just don't respect others as they should. I blame a lot on the parents of these nitwits. I had spent a lot of time and put a lot of emphasis on respecting other people and there belongings. If you want it, earn it...that was and is my motto. I'm sorry for your loss and the personal violation you experienced. I too have experienced that feeling when i went to the parking lot after work, only to find that my GMC Z71 4x4 was not in its spot. I will allays remember that feeling. I take extra precautions with my jeep and I don't leave anything in my jeep that would temp the idiots. Good luck on replacing the things that were stolen.

That's really shitty did you ever find your GMC?

Top Bottom