EVO product questions...

Donny

Got a couple EVO product questions…looked at the website but can’t find the answers there so I figured I’d ask here instead of bothering them with such small questions…

Front bumper…Is the Stinger the only option or do they have winch guard styled option?

Tire Carrier… does it come with a license plate bracket mount with the third stop light and light for the plate itself? Hi-Lift attachment for it or has anyone rigged one to it?

Enforcer 4” lift…Is there a huge difference between running Bilstein 5100’s vs. their King 2.0’s?

Can someone put up a link to the specific tool they used to install the nutserts?

Thanks for any help :thumb:

Donny

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Front bumper…Is the Stinger the only option or do they have winch guard styled option?

You can order it with just the bumper or with a stinger but there is no winch guard option. But, I have run a PUREJEEP Barebonez guard on it and thought it looked great. I'll try to post up a pic of that later.

Tire Carrier… does it come with a license plate bracket mount with the third stop light and light for the plate itself? Hi-Lift attachment for it or has anyone rigged one to it?

No. If you need a 3rd brake light and plate light, I might recommend an aftermarket option like what ORO makes. There are other better options as well too. Come to think about it, the one made by Hanson might be better. Hi-Lift sells tube mounting brackets and that's what I use when I need to carry one. The mount is easily removable so you don't always have to have it on.

Enforcer 4” lift…Is there a huge difference between running Bilstein 5100’s vs. their King 2.0’s?

For daily driving, maybe not but, off road, yeah, there's a pretty big difference.

Can someone put up a link to the specific tool they used to install the nutserts?

The nutserts will come with a basic tool but yes, there is a much better one you can use. I'll see if I can find a link to one.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
No bull bar or winch guard...but there is at least one from another company that you can make fit.

Edit: looks like WOL already answered.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
No bull bar or winch guard...but there is at least one from another company that you can make fit.

Edit: looks like WOL already answered.

LOL!! Well, here are a couple of shots with one installed...

main.php

main.php

I think it looks pretty good :yup:

Got a couple EVO product questions…looked at the website but can’t find the answers there so I figured I’d ask here instead of bothering them with such small questions…

I used my old license plate bracket and made it work with my EVO tire carrier. Because i'm cheap. :D I also used my original 3rd brake light in the center where it says EVO. because i'm cheap. :D

You can get a few from harbor freight. but they do not last long.
I suggest a kit from Fastnall, or a good company

http://compare.ebay.com/like/230867815284?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

Thanks for any help :thumb:

Donny

If you have any questions on the install, I can answer most for you. Also if your jeep is a 2012 or 2013 don't forget to get the relocation kit for the front bumper.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
:rock::bowdown::Wide Eyed and Scare:Wide Eyed and Scare:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: I wish my jeep looked like that!:drool::drool::drool:

LOL!! Well, here are a couple of shots with one installed...

main.php

main.php

I think it looks pretty good :yup:

Donny

If you have any questions on the install, I can answer most for you. Also if your jeep is a 2012 or 2013 don't forget to get the relocation kit for the front bumper.

I went through your build link....believe me when I get into my build I will PM you:brows:

Donny

MTG

Caught the Bug
Not too bad, the hardest part is drilling the 1st hole

LOL! So true.

Thank you thats perfect....plenty harbor frieghts around here...How bad was it to learn to do?

Donny

The HF tool works okay, but like a lot of their tools, they are cheaply made. We broke 2 of these doing my rock skins and used a 3rd one to finish the job. I actually thought the green one HF sold was a little better. If I do nutserts again, I'll probably look for a nicer tool.

Donny

LOL! So true.

The HF tool works okay, but like a lot of their tools, they are cheaply made. We broke 2 of these doing my rock skins and used a 3rd one to finish the job. I actually thought the green one HF sold was a little better. If I do nutserts again, I'll probably look for a nicer tool.

I just found a couple Marson styles on Amazon...The heavy duty one is 138.00 I will probably go that route. The horror stories have me concerned from other forums but here everyone seems to be a little more calm about the experience. I'm spending my day tomorrow replacing my radiator in the Explorer (leaking like a siiive after 127,000+ miles) then saturday I pull my starter on my Harley (44,000+miles) so working on stuff doesn't intimidate me...I JUST DONT WANT NO COCKEYED PANEL ON MY RIG!! That would cause tears!!! :)

Donny

Donny

Few more Enforcer questions...

Is the 3" lift with 35's better for a lower COG or should I still go 4" if I go with the Enforcer?

And how is the Daily Driver ride with the the King 2.0's vs. the stock shocks?

Donny

MTG

Caught the Bug
Donny said:
Few more Enforcer questions...

Is the 3" lift with 35's better for a lower COG or should I still go 4" if I go with the Enforcer?

And how is the Daily Driver ride with the the King 2.0's vs. the stock shocks?

Donny

IMHO I'd go with the 4" in case you want to later move to 37s.

FoxC is running the 2.0s and may chime in, but I doubt there is much difference between the 2.5s and the 2.0 on the road and I can tell you it handles great!

FoxC

Donny, I've ran 5100's and now run king 2.0's. The 5100's work really well for a daily driver and some light wheeling. They will start to fade really quick once you get them off road though. I think they would be great if you stay with a lighter wheel/tire package, say 33's and mild wheeling. Big tires need that extra damping and especially rebound control. The Kings are absolutely fantastic as a daily driver, but really start to show their worth as the speeds pick up off road...simply amazing. Definitely go kings if you can...unless you just want to get by until you can fit coil overs into your build, then maybe go with 5100's.

Donny

There in lays my problem...Come the end of March I'll be pulling the trigger on about 10K in my build fund. I can get into the Coilovers but that chews up a HUGE chunk of my build money. So I have been looking at the info you guys (MTG, FoxC) have given about the Enforcer and was trying wrap my head around the differences in shocks and I very much Thank you both for your help in answering my questions with your personal thoughts based on your experiences with the actual products I'm looking at....I'm actually getting pretty burned out trying to find information about this or that on a few sites and talking to various offroad shops and vendors....the constant "lack" of tangible proof or facts is mind numbbbbbing :)

Donny

Last edited:
Top Bottom