Maybe a Jeep Truck Really is Coming....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'll still believe it when I see it but David Zatz just posted up on AllPar that Sergio Marchionne confirmed in front of a "select media" that a Jeep Wrangler Pickup "will be built" and is slated to appear by the end of 2017. This of course would put the rumored release of it about a year sooner that was originally rumored but if what Sergio Marchionne said can really be confirmed outside of AllPar, this could be really big news!

The photo below is a spy photo that Allpar included.

Untitled-1.jpg
http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/2016/01/wrangler-pickup-confirmed-30989

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I took the same spy shot in my backyard

:cheesy: :clap2: :thumb:

Like I said, I'll believe it when I see it but if it really is still coming, I have to say that I'll be a bit disappointed if it's just going to be a JL version of what you have.

brooklyn4x4

If it happens and if its cool I'm going to have a hard decision to make if I want to keep my jk or throw away what I have invested in it.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

Like I said, I'll believe it when I see it but if it really is still coming, I have to say that I'll be a bit disappointed if it's just going to be a JL version of what you have.

Yup, lame

If it's built off the JK frame I'm not sure what I would do.

I hope they are just testing the powertrain in the jk8 shell.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug

Agreed 100%! I was hoping more to see something with 4 doors and an actual truck bed, similar to the Brute rather than the JK8.

kfchris

how many loyal guys to both trucks and jeeps would trade them in if the diesel or v8 option was out there in a 4 door truck. I'm pretty sure I would, I love mine already but I'd drop it for one with a usable bed. especially with a v8 or some nice 4cyl TD option.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
how many loyal guys to both trucks and jeeps would trade them in if the diesel or v8 option was out there in a 4 door truck. I'm pretty sure I would, I love mine already but I'd drop it for one with a usable bed. especially with a v8 or some nice 4cyl TD option.

Lol, l'll keep mine and go buy one..

turbineguy

I'm dreaming about buying a Jeep Wrangler pickup Rubicon version with ecodiesel. I would leave it completely stock except for some 315 Duratracs. Would be my daily driver as my 12 JKU is well in the way to full time toy status.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Your wish has been granted - http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a27874/jeep-wrangler-pickup-truck-coming-in-2017/

Fiat Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne confirmed Monday that the pickup will be produced in Toledo, alongside the next-generation Wrangler.

I really doubt it'll be like the truck pictured. They just used a stock photo much like the picture of the jk8. Although it could be some design cues from it. Like the extended frame behind the rear wheels

Top Bottom