PDA

View Full Version : Maybe a Jeep Truck Really is Coming....

wayoflife
01-11-2016, 10:48 PM
I'll still believe it when I see it but David Zatz just posted up on AllPar that Sergio Marchionne confirmed in front of a "select media" that a Jeep Wrangler Pickup "will be built" and is slated to appear by the end of 2017. This of course would put the rumored release of it about a year sooner that was originally rumored but if what Sergio Marchionne said can really be confirmed outside of AllPar, this could be really big news!

The photo below is a spy photo that Allpar included.

http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/2016/01/wrangler-pickup-confirmed-30989

piginajeep
01-11-2016, 10:53 PM
I took the same spy shot in my backyard

wayoflife
01-11-2016, 10:55 PM
I took the same spy shot in my backyard

:cheesy: :clap2: :thumb:

Like I said, I'll believe it when I see it but if it really is still coming, I have to say that I'll be a bit disappointed if it's just going to be a JL version of what you have.

brooklyn4x4
01-11-2016, 10:58 PM
If it happens and if its cool I'm going to have a hard decision to make if I want to keep my jk or throw away what I have invested in it.

piginajeep
01-11-2016, 10:59 PM

Like I said, I'll believe it when I see it but if it really is still coming, I have to say that I'll be a bit disappointed if it's just going to be a JL version of what you have.

Yup, lame

If it's built off the JK frame I'm not sure what I would do.

I hope they are just testing the powertrain in the jk8 shell.

AllAmericanInfidel
01-11-2016, 11:02 PM

Agreed 100%! I was hoping more to see something with 4 doors and an actual truck bed, similar to the Brute rather than the JK8.

OverlanderJK
01-11-2016, 11:32 PM
Agreed 100%! I was hoping more to see something with 4 doors and an actual truck bed, similar to the Brute rather than the JK8.

I doubt they would ever do that since it will compete with the ram trucks too much.

piginajeep
01-11-2016, 11:42 PM

Agreed, it's a truck. The bed should be separate from the cab

Mizippi
01-11-2016, 11:49 PM
Factory 4dr with diesel or v8...please!!

kfchris
01-12-2016, 12:49 AM
how many loyal guys to both trucks and jeeps would trade them in if the diesel or v8 option was out there in a 4 door truck. I'm pretty sure I would, I love mine already but I'd drop it for one with a usable bed. especially with a v8 or some nice 4cyl TD option.

piginajeep
01-12-2016, 12:54 AM
how many loyal guys to both trucks and jeeps would trade them in if the diesel or v8 option was out there in a 4 door truck. I'm pretty sure I would, I love mine already but I'd drop it for one with a usable bed. especially with a v8 or some nice 4cyl TD option.

Lol, l'll keep mine and go buy one..

turbineguy
01-12-2016, 04:08 AM
I'm dreaming about buying a Jeep Wrangler pickup Rubicon version with ecodiesel. I would leave it completely stock except for some 315 Duratracs. Would be my daily driver as my 12 JKU is well in the way to full time toy status.

TeamFaust
01-12-2016, 04:16 AM
A turbo diesel model would be fantastic!!!

RockyJk
01-12-2016, 04:37 AM
Lol, l'll keep mine and go buy one..

Same here, by the time my JK is paid off they will have resolved any bugs in the first year models lol

JKRay
01-12-2016, 05:00 AM
I want one but I'm just curious on the pricing. I'm sure it's gonna be expensive which may deter me from getting one.

Broncorider
01-12-2016, 05:06 AM
I want one but I'm just curious on the pricing. I'm sure it's gonna be expensive which may deter me from getting one.

I want one too!! Maybe even in a diesel!!!!

catahoula
01-12-2016, 06:30 AM
Here is one.

To be honest I like that silver one that dude has on this forum better.:)

piginajeep
01-12-2016, 01:09 PM
Here is one.

To be honest I like that silver one that dude has on this forum better.:)

Not me, I love this one!

They extended the frame over the rear axles, plaid bench seat with Dyntrac axles, the grill is a throw back to the gladiator. It's badass...

JK_Dave
01-12-2016, 02:15 PM
Not me, I love this one!

They extended the frame over the rear axles, plaid bench seat with Dyntrac axles, the grill is a throw back to the gladiator. It's badass...

Your wish has been granted - http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a27874/jeep-wrangler-pickup-truck-coming-in-2017/

Fiat Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne confirmed Monday that the pickup will be produced in Toledo, alongside the next-generation Wrangler.

piginajeep
01-12-2016, 02:20 PM
Your wish has been granted - http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a27874/jeep-wrangler-pickup-truck-coming-in-2017/

Fiat Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne confirmed Monday that the pickup will be produced in Toledo, alongside the next-generation Wrangler.

I really doubt it'll be like the truck pictured. They just used a stock photo much like the picture of the jk8. Although it could be some design cues from it. Like the extended frame behind the rear wheels

JK_Dave
01-12-2016, 02:50 PM
I really doubt it'll be like the truck pictured. They just used a stock photo much like the picture of the jk8. Although it could be some design cues from it. Like the extended frame behind the rear wheels

I'd be willing to bet it will look like the AEV Brute's cousin. Four doors and a decent size bed but significantly longer than the JKU.

wayoflife
01-12-2016, 04:35 PM
Just read an article on Autoblog and it looks like they are confirming what Allpar said yesterday or should I say, they are confirming what the Detroit News said and that is a "Wrangler-based truck is expected to arrive in 2017, sometime after the launch of the next Wrangler. And it'll be built in Toledo next to its sibling." Of course, to give the article more weight, they made sure to throw in a quote that Jeep CEO Mike Manley made back in 2011 like it's somehow relevant today. Anyway, here's a clip out of the article in question.

Finally. In 2011 Jeep CEO Mike Manley said, "It is too late in Wrangler's product cycle to add a pickup. The 2015 or 2016 time frame makes more sense," when the next-generation Wrangler is due. A year later, Manley told an Australian outlet that a decision on a Jeep with a bed would come "pretty soon." Now, The Detroit News reports that the decision has been made, and it's a "Yes."A Wrangler-based truck is expected to arrive in 2017, sometime after the launch of the next Wrangler. And it'll be built in Toledo next to its sibling.

Those desperate for a carry-all Wrangler have been able to buy Mopar's JK8 conversion kit for the past four years. Frankly, even though the Jeep Gladiator concept (pictured) is now 11 years old and the JT concept is nine years old, we think either one of them could roll off the line in a year and be welcomed with hosannas.

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/01/12/jeep-pickup-confirmed-report/

Warebear
01-13-2016, 04:02 AM
I'm pretty excited...

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/01/12/jeep-pickup-confirmed-report/

allwhitejeeps
01-13-2016, 04:22 AM
Was the Jeep Wrangler Truck Confirmed today at the autoshow?!!!!?