Steering question

adambowen

So I was wondering how I could upgrade my steering, if at all, on my 2014 Sport. I went with a 15 inch rim and that doesn't leave much space for a bigger rod end. Any ideas? Anyone upgrade their steering with 15 inch wheels?

Ddays

Hooked
Probably would help if you filled in some more blanks. Why do you feel the need to upgrade, your current setup - lift, tire size, any other other mods you have done, etc, etc....

adambowen

Probably would help if you filled in some more blanks. Why do you feel the need to upgrade, your current setup - lift, tire size, any other other mods you have done, etc, etc....

I have the factory setup. Both drag link and tie rod are bent from the previous 32 KM's the factory provides. I moved up to 33x12.50x15 now with hopes of going 35's when these wear out. I do have aftermarket trackbar and lower adjustable control arms. Currently running no lift with bilistien 5100's made for 2-3 inch lift.

Coop

Caught the Bug
So I was wondering how I could upgrade my steering, if at all, on my 2014 Sport. I went with a 15 inch rim and that doesn't leave much space for a bigger rod end. Any ideas? Anyone upgrade their steering with 15 inch wheels?

Ok I'm confused. What would the geometrics or physics be for improving steering with smaller wheels? I don't see the mathematics. With narrower tires the scrub resistance would be reduced but that doesn't seem to be your direction and you have already noted the tie rod clearance issues.

adambowen

Ok I'm confused. What would the geometrics or physics be for improving steering with smaller wheels? I don't see the mathematics. With narrower tires the scrub resistance would be reduced but that doesn't seem to be your direction and you have already noted the tie rod clearance issues.

Because my factory steering is bent.. I also went with a bigger and wider tire than what I had before. I was wondering if i could upgrade it the tie rid and drag link so that everything fits. I've seen where people purchase the RK tie rod and have great luck out of it. It reuses the factory tie rod ends, that would allow me to have an upgraded tie rod but seems stupid because the ends wouldn't be bigger.

Coop

Caught the Bug
Because my factory steering is bent.. I also went with a bigger and wider tire than what I had before. I was wondering if i could upgrade it the tie rid and drag link so that everything fits. I've seen where people purchase the RK tie rod and have great luck out of it. It reuses the factory tie rod ends, that would allow me to have an upgraded tie rod but seems stupid because the ends wouldn't be bigger.

Misunderstood, sorry. I think the 15 inch wheels will be a problem with linkage improvements, but some of the folks here should have some suggestions.

Top Bottom