JK 4 door skins?

geberhard

Douchebag
Anyone aware of a manufacturer making door skins for JK's i.e. to strengthen the door, prevent or cover damage? I believe PSC doe sfor YJ and TJ's

Any experience or info? yes they woudl add some weight, but an alum optin could do the trick.

Thanks!

Gui

geberhard

Douchebag
Thanks, I have seen those, but looking for something heavier duty and permanent rather than magnetic.

Thanks,

Gui

pbujk13

geberhard

I know nothing about this vendor or the product, but are you talking about JKSkinz door panels ?

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I feel if you really want some door skins, you could easily make a set out of alum with some cardboard to make the templates and then get them cut out. I personally wouldnt want to put a lot of certs in my doors but thats just me to hold them on.

jeeeep

Hooked
we used to use magnet signs in the 80's to try and protect our doors, didn't work so well - still ended up with scratches only smaller. it may have been the thickness of the signs but sometimes a branch would catch an edge and peel them off :naw:

I also remember an outfit making full door skins using the same material as car bras but they didn't stand up to the trail abuse, they would rip or collect dirt between the door and the skin.

professorkx

I think these folks are out of business, as I have sent 2 emails and left 2 messages, and even tried to order on the website, but the cart doesn't work. I would love to buy a set of their skins for my jeep if they are still in business...

http://www.jeepskins.com/

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Anyone aware of a manufacturer making door skins for JK's i.e. to strengthen the door, prevent or cover damage? I believe PSC doe sfor YJ and TJ's

Any experience or info? yes they woudl add some weight, but an alum optin could do the trick.

Thanks!

Gui

Are you talking about something that can be easily removed or like actual door armor?

professorkx

Try Trailskinz

I've looked at them before, but I don't think the magnet colored panels will look very good on my white Jeep. However, with your post I took another look, including Googling images, and it appears that they can do graphics on the magnets for an additional fee. I really only want these for wheeling tight trails, so they won't be on the jeep much. Making contact to see what kind of graphics can be printed...

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I've looked at them before, but I don't think the magnet colored panels will look very good on my white Jeep. However, with your post I took another look, including Googling images, and it appears that they can do graphics on the magnets for an additional fee. I really only want these for wheeling tight trails, so they won't be on the jeep much. Making contact to see what kind of graphics can be printed...

A snow camo pattern might be cool or perhaps just plain white so it blends in.

professorkx

A snow camo pattern might be cool or perhaps just plain white so it blends in.

Yup a snow or digital camo would work, as I don't need anything flashy, just has to look good. The also have one on the bottom right of their About Us page that would work. Made contact and waiting to see if they can still print images and can provide some graphics to select from. Been trying to find something I like for a couple of months, so ready to spend some money as soon as find the right fit.

Top Bottom