my wife chased down the big brown truck...

professorkx

...so she could get this package since she missed the knock at the door. Yup, she's just that awesome!

She called, I left work early, as they just can't sit on that box doing nothing...

The fronts were more work to install than the rear, but only a couple of hours total.

Jeepnoub

My driver doesn't even knock. In fact he sets the packages done so lightly, I can't even hear him on my porch when I'm in my front room. I can't tell you how many times I only heard his truck start up as he was leaving.

I want to catch him one day and ask him to please knock or ring the bell. But your wife is awesome. I would keep her around for a while.

professorkx

Apparently, King ships with signature required, so the package went back on the truck. :eek: My wife jumped in her Jeep and caught up with him to get the package. Now, THAT'S commitment... :clap2:

Coop

Caught the Bug
Apparently, King ships with signature required, so the package went back on the truck. :eek: My wife jumped in her Jeep and caught up with him to get the package. Now, THAT'S commitment... :clap2:

Wow! What swamp dog said! Nice setup too!

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
...so she could get this package since she missed the knock at the door. Yup, she's just that awesome!

She called, I left work early, as they just can't sit on that box doing nothing...

The fronts were more work to install than the rear, but only a couple of hours total.

Is that air bags in your coils? If so, why do you have them and do you like them?

professorkx

Is that air bags in your coils? If so, why do you have them and do you like them?

Yes, those are airbags in the coils. Last winter, I bought a 7x14 cargo trailer and converted it into a toy hauler, as I couldn't find a manufactured toy hauler light enough for the Jeep. The airbags have 5 lbs if air in them when not towing, and 20-25 lbs when towing. Trailer comes in just under 3500 pounds fully loaded, including my Triumph 800CX dual sport. The jeep squatted pretty bad before the airbags, and the front end unloaded on big dips on the road, so the airbags leveled the jeep when towing and improved road worthiness, but are not noticeable when I drop the pressure to 5 lbs. I think the King shocks will help when towing as well, but the airbags helps support the 350 pound tongue weight.

Jeep is nice and level with air in the airbags.

I built a lot nicer interior than anything we looked at buying, complete with a bed that folds into the wall to make room for the motorcycle and other gear.

Coop

Caught the Bug
Damn nice rig! Looks a lot roomier than a Little Guy trailer I've been considering! Lol!

professorkx

Yes, a lot more room than a teardrop. I'm 6'5" and I can walk inside with plenty of clearance, and the bed that folds out of the wall is a queen size. Ground clearance is the only issue, so for more rugged trips, we either camp off the dual sport or take tent gear in the Jeep. We even combine the trailer with the motorcycle or jeep camping options and use the trailer as a base camp, then tent camp on the more difficult trail loops.

professorkx

Good info in the article, and after using the airbags for a year, I can attest to their durability and usefulness when the JK gets loaded with gear or towing a trailer with 350 pounds of tongue weight. However, the installation instructions in the article show way to many steps, as I just performed steps 8-11 with the jeep sitting in normal form. Didn't even jack the jeep off the ground to unload the rear, and the airbag still slipped into the spring easily. Ran the air hose, mounted the valve and I was ready to rock and roll. Total install time was about 20 minutes.

Even if you don't tow a trailer, I can see the airbags being useful when the JK is loaded with camping gear, so worth the $90 investment.

Top Bottom