This may be a dumb question but...

Those of you with lifted Rubicons, specifically DTD lifts, do you actually use the factory swaybar disconnect when you wheel?

seanb123

Theses a few different methods. New longer discounts, the rubi e disconnect, or the evo no limits are the general answers you'll get

I just read that and it didn't quite come out right so let me ask this a little differently, what are the alternatives to those that don't have Rubicons? Is there an aftermarket option, something manual maybe?

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I just read that and it didn't quite come out right so let me ask this a little differently, what are the alternatives to those that don't have Rubicons? Is there an aftermarket option, something manual maybe?

As in something you can disconnect from inside the cab? No.

G2 was supposed to but nothing has been heard since SEMA 2014.

There are quick disconnect away bar links like JKS sell. Those would be your quickest and cheapest option.

Like Sean said, you can also get a swaybar from a rubicon and outfit it with an EVO no limits manual disconnect.

Coop

Caught the Bug
The manual disconnects are easy to use and only takes a few seconds disconnecting or connecting.

trailraider

there is also the currie style, i dont remember the exact name , but they are not disconected . some one on here will know the name as i cant remember it right now.

JeepFan

Hooked
DTD or not, if you have a Rubicon you definitely want to use the e-disco. As others have mentioned it works. X, Sport and Sahara owners could install the EVO no limits disco or break out a set of wrenches. :D

Angry Aussie

I have a rubicon and prefer the evo manual disconnect over the factory one. With the evo there's no chance of an electrical failure while out wheeling.

JeepFan

Hooked
I have a rubicon and prefer the evo manual disconnect over the factory one. With the evo there's no chance of an electrical failure while out wheeling.

^^^ This. Couldn't agree more but, it sure is nice to push a button and voila, your sway bar is disconnected.

Exactly what I was thinking and why I asked. Tbh I wheel maybe 4-5 times a year if I'm lucky so getting rid of the button doesn't bother me. This definitely sounds like a viable option for me, thanks.

Top Bottom