Seriously you guys know you are the laughing stock of the jeep world right?

Dave22

LOSER
Running Currie Rockjock D60's done by G2 from 4 wheel parts. No issues!!!:clap2:

Just do some research and find the one that suits you best. Either way your getting an upgrade over stock. I know its a lot more money but if you ever wanna run a bigger tire the 60 might be a better option rather than doing it twice.

same here currie 60 rock jocks front and rear best bang for the buck if you have a budget. So I vote neither LOL.

You will have as much or more into a 44 if you go dynatrac and a smaller, weaker overall axles.

There is no substitute for mass, just isnt. AND you WILL want 40s. When you have 40s you will want 42s.

If you have fab skills hook up a junk yard 14 bolt and use the VKS tone rings...50 bucks, 300 for the axle, 200 for brackets, 1000 for an ARB, 300 for a gear set 300 for a yukon rebuild kit...400 for a ruff stuff disk brake conversion

about 2.5k for a full float 14 bolt. Point is you can do this a lot cheaper and end up with stronger axles if you take your time and really look at all of the options.

I'm building one now be happy to give you details if you want to PM. Next is a steering 14b front.

Posts pulled from: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?33706-Dynatrac-ProRock-44-or-G2-Core-44

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave22

LOSER
its not apples to apples because no PR 44 compares to a 60 of any make. A junk yard 60 is a light year ahead of a PR 44 because of pinion and ring gear , carrier size as well as bearing size.

Last edited:

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
its not apples to apples because no PR 44 compares to a 60 of any make. A junk yard 60 is a light year ahead of a PR 44 because of pinion and ring gear , carrier size as well as bearing size.

I dont think anybody is comparing the pr44 to a 60. Its the Pr44 compared to a G244. Some people keep chiming in about junkyard axles as well as cheaper brand 60s than a pr60. Thats fine and dandy but: 1) not everybody needs or wants 60s 2) if you cant completely build an axle then junkyard axles start getting expensive also. A lot of people cant weld, a lot of people think they can weld and shouldnt. A lot of people cant set up gears properly or dont have the tools to do it.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

Thank you for that info, I had no idea. If only this thread was about 60s and not 44s..... :rolleyes:

In all honesty, fuck it, why stop at 60s? Why not a pair of Rockwells? :crazyeyes:

Ddays

Hooked
Bingo - why the fuck are you two (hulk & d22)pushing the 60's when the OP asked about 44's? So you run 60's - we're all happy for you. Can you add to the discussion on 44'a?

Dave22

LOSER
Thank you for that info, I had no idea. If only this thread was about 60s and not 44s..... :rolleyes:

In all honesty, fuck it, why stop at 60s? Why not a pair of Rockwells? :crazyeyes:

because the PR 44 is overpriced and OP would be paying enough to get a PAIR of 60s under his rig and instead getting much weaker axle.

Rockwells are no good for DD use, cant really do over 55 and axle brake not DOT in many states. They are also heavy as all get out, would need a new engine and tranny at that point thats why the fuck not. *roll eyes and all the other stupid emojies that get used on this site

turbineguy

because the PR 44 is overpriced and OP would be paying enough to get a PAIR of 60s under his rig and instead getting much weaker axle.

Rockwells are no good for DD use, cant really do over 55 and axle brake not DOT in many states. They are also heavy as all get out, would need a new engine and tranny at that point thats why the fuck not. *roll eyes and all the other stupid emojies that get used on this site

Wtf. My PR44 with RCVs was under 5K. The cheapest front 60 is at least 7K. That's 2K difference. It's 40% more expensive.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

So instead of choosing between two bolt in assemblies the OP asked for, you recommend junk yard axles that;

1) require a lot of fabrications to work
2) require the know how to make work
3) require a change in wheels and tire carrier because of the bolt pattern change.

Again on a thread where to OP ask for in put on two different 44s, how is your recommendation relevant?

Dave22

LOSER
The cheapest front 60 is at least 7K.

according to whom?

why go 60? because you can get more for less. This is a difficult concept for some to grasp we will give them time...

yea a 60 rebuild

requires work and a little know how easily found on the interwebz

requires a change in wheels....oh god ...say it aint so.

Yea you are right, way more than you can handle.

Last edited:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
according to whom?

why go 60? because you can get more for less. This is a difficult concept for some to grasp we will give them time...

yea a 60 rebuild

You're one of those #builtnotbought people aren't you.

Heaven forbid someone doesn't have the time or money to learn to weld and fabricate. They are obviously beneath people like you.

For the record, I love to see people that have the skills and the time to do a junk yard swap. Its people like you who think they are better just because they can do it that spoil it.

turbineguy

according to whom?

yea a 60 rebuild

The OP was asking about 44s. Bolt in 44s. When someone is asking about bolt in 44s, I'm guessing, just guessing they want to know about bolt in options.

Your advice to just magically learn how to build axles from YouTube videos or the inter webs is idiotic.

LasVegasJK

according to whom?

yea a 60 rebuild

Cool story.
So, you are offering to sell a set of 60's rebuilt to new condition and modified to fit a JK with a warranty for less than $5000?
Will that include shipping?

trailraider

:naw::doh::cheesy::shock::yup::mad::icon_crazy::wings::cool::D;):mad::rolleyes2::grayno::blush::thankyou::cheesy::thumb::doh::wings::yawn37::sigh::brows::hmm::idontknow:
The OP was asking about 44s. Bolt in 44s. When someone is asking about bolt in 44s, I'm guessing, just guessing they want to know about bolt in options.

Your advice to just magically learn how to build axles from YouTube videos or the inter webs is idiotic.

Good thing the op didnt ask what a good Honda accord for daily driving would be, he would probably recomend a Hummer cuz it bigger and better for only a little more money. :bleh::brows::dont_tell::icon_crazy:

turbineguy

Cool story.
So, you are offering to sell a set of 60's rebuilt to new condition and modified to fit a JK with a warranty for less than $5000?
Will that include shipping?

No... the dude says right in his welcome post that he is looking at Mopar 60s, which... Like I posted before are 7K for a front.

LasVegasJK

No... the dude says right in his welcome post that he is looking at Mopar 60s, which... Like I posted before are 7K for a front.

Yeah, I was just inquiring whether or not the axle wizard had some of those better than anything junkyard 60s for sale. Because, you know, super easy and cheap to rebuild axles.
He must have some extras laying around.

I will be switching to 37s soon and want to prepare, so I'm looking to upgrade to a D44 front axle assembly for my 2015 JKU Sport. Is there more positive experience with the ProRock 44 than the G2 Core 44?
I thought this seemed to be a fair, well worded question.

Where in the actual fuck did all this talk about 60s and 14bolts come from?

LasVegasJK

I thought this seemed to be a fair, well worded question.

Where in the actual fuck did all this talk about 60s and 14bolts come from?

I started following this as I will be upgrading soon also.
However, an axle wizard chimed in and basically said everyone was lazy and stupid for buying an already built 44 and we should all buy junkyard 60s and watch YouTube.

Top Bottom