Engine shuts off while driving

bhawghead

Was cruising around 55mph when engine shut off for about 2sec. then started back on its own and when it did the ESP light came on and the MIL came on and would beep then flash 7x and then beep again, pulled over shut it down and did self diagnostic had no codes and when I started it back the ESP was off but the MIL was still on but not flashing, continued on my way and about*10mi. later the engine shut off again but did not come back on, pulled over re-started and ran for a second then shut off again, did this 3x then when trying to start sounded like starter was sticking. finally after a few attempts it starts again, drove about 5-6mi. and bam it shuts off again but this time starts right back up drove the last mile to my house and once home used my*OBD-II scanner*and the only code I could pull off of it was p-0300 (random misfire). Does this sound familiar to anyone, would rather try and self diagnose there aren't any good Stealerships around here worth taking it to. Its an 07' Sahara with 80k miles. Thanks in advance.

JeepJeep75

Loose battery terminal(s) most likely. The JK's are super sensitive to that. That should be the first thing to check. Good luck.

Zstairlessone

I got nothing for this but I feel your pain. Happened on my bike on a crowded highway (the 58 almost to Tehachapi) dangerous and scary. Turned out to be my voltage regulator being too close to the exhaust but that surely won't be it. Glad you made it home ok.

Top Bottom