Lift Question 2015 Willy's

Kwwilly15

So I bought my wrangler already with a lift. The previous owner painted everything black so there are no markings on anything. I have looked at photos and the closest lift I see to it is a AEV lift. I could be completely wrong so I attached photos . The previous owner also put a 2" body lift that I would like to have removed and just do everything properly. Should I remove the body lift? Does anyone know what lift this is? I will put a better lift on if needed. I just do not know what I have. I am new to all this but I am hooked. Any help would be great.

Dave

081.JPG 082.JPG 083.JPG 085.JPG 086.JPG 088.jpg 090-001.JPG

JeepFan

Hooked
Other than the rear shocks, most of the parts in your pics look like OEM. I would definitely ditch the body lift.

Kwwilly15

That's what I was thinking with the body lift as that's the cheap way out . I want to make it right so when I do move to the mainland my jeep is sound. Thanks

KJ_CJtoJK

Looks like bump stop extensions have been added, indicating a suspension lift. On the rear axle I can see a bolted on bump stop extension and on the front springs it looks like a bump stop extension can be seen inside the coils at bottom, on top of the axle. Your pictures do not show the top of the coil springs to see if a puck has been added on top of the factory springs (instead of aftermarket taller springs).

Kwwilly15

There is no puck on top of the spring . It also has removable sway bars . There are part of the suspension that are different .

JKbrick

That also looks like the rear track bar bracket that does not hook to the axle and will work as a lever to rip the stock mount right off the tube

highoctane

Caught the Bug

It is installed correctly. The problem is that it looks like it's from a cheap/low quality lift kit. It does not tie into the axle tube/housing at all, and instead that adds extra height onto the stock track bar mount. By doing that, it increases the leverage the track bar applies to the bracket, and can break the weak welds on the axle and literally rip off the entire track bar mount bracket.

A bracket like this one from Evo Mfg is the preferable method.

EVO-REAR-RCC-01_medium.jpg EVO-REAR-RCC-02_medium.jpg

Cheap parts can lead to big problems on the trail, and sometimes even on the highway. Before really using your Jeep offroad I'd look into upgrading to a quality lift kit, and like mention previously, remove that body lift.

Top Bottom