Fluid noise after ignition?

TennJK

Recently, after starting my jeep, I get this noise that sounds like fluid is moving and trickling. It almost sounds like something is draining or something. It seems like it is right on the other side of the dash. Any thoughts? I've never had this sound before and have never heard it in anyone else's.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Recently, after starting my jeep, I get this noise that sounds like fluid is moving and trickling. It almost sounds like something is draining or something. It seems like it is right on the other side of the dash. Any thoughts? I've never had this sound before and have never heard it in anyone else's.

I've heard it in both of the JKs I've owned. I've always assumed it's the sound of the antifreeze pumping through the heater core and lines behind the dash when the engine first starts. Even my '13 WK2 Grand Cherokee made that sound.

Last edited:

jeeeep

Hooked
if you've been running your heater I think it's normal, I hear on my 2010 and the 2015 after running the heater

Kalums

Same thing happens to mine, pretty sure it's just the heater/lines, no leaks inside or out so... I personally am not worried about it. (on mine that is)

Top Bottom