WAYALIFE decal requirements :)

sldrstoy

So I'm sure there will be much flaming and some might even be remotely deserved. I've been lurking on WAYALIFE for quite some time and on my second JK. I've probably watched all of the JK adventures videos way more than I should admit and I'm not really ashamed of that. My latest jeep build has some products on it that aren't necessarily supported by the WAYALIFE community... I will hold my head up and take my lashings as I admit that I do have a VKSFAB front bumper and AEV lift kit, combined with a gusseted and sleeved Dana 44 front axle on 37's.; if it counts for anything, I don't have an sPOD for my switches, but I'm in the market for something....While I know certain parts from both places are questionable and the integrity of one is certainly in question (I'll leave it at that) would my jeep get burnt to the ground by putting WAYALIFE decals on it? I ask partially in jest and partially out of fear of my jeep being tormented by other jeeps.... All seriousness aside, I have 5 months left in Korea and then headed to Colorado and if anyone would be willing to be associated with said jeep and its owner, I would be more than great full!! Signed---bored Soldier 8000 miles away from his jeep!

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Do what you want its your jeep! As long as you don't get bent out of shape if someone doesn't like it, you'll be ok.

Ddays

Hooked
Seriously? :shock:
I don't think there are any sticker posse's out there...I mean I don't exactly live in a hotbed of off-roading but there are a shitload of stock and modified Jeeps where I live. I've seen every other forum's stickers on them too. I still wave just the same. I honestly couldn't care less what others think of my stickers and product choices. Way I figure it's my money to spend as I see fit. Someone wants to comment on my stickers? Don't care.

I'd be willing to bet you won't have any problem finding guys to wheel with in Colorado. Someone has a comment? Just tell them to educate themselves.

Last edited:

sldrstoy

Only partially serious, partially bored and somewhat curious... As I've had jeeps for over 20 years and truly believe that jeeps are definitely a Way of life..... I've tried departing from the jeep family a couple of times and after a few months of not being able to remove the top, or the doors, or getting the "jeep wave" I end up back in a jeep... Every time... Which leads me back to the most important part of the original post... Looking forward to Colorado! And fellow jeepers there!! I admit the title is a little misleading as I have made my living being fairly sarcastic and I apologize in advance, at the same time I'd hate for my jeep to build a complex from other WAYALIFE jeeps....

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Don't think it really matters either way. I'm not really a sticker guy so you won't see one on my jeep but some of them look pretty cool.

How bout you stop in and give us a wave and show off your jeep. I'm sure plenty of fellow Colorado keepers will chime in.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
There is no requirements to run a decal other than you have to purchase it thru the Wayalife store and not someone making knockoff ones on eBay. As far as mods go you can run what you like. Just do some reading in old threads and read about people experiences with certain products.

Ddays

Hooked
Only partially serious, partially bored and somewhat curious... As I've had jeeps for over 20 years and truly believe that jeeps are definitely a Way of life..... I've tried departing from the jeep family a couple of times and after a few months of not being able to remove the top, or the doors, or getting the "jeep wave" I end up back in a jeep... Every time... Which leads me back to the most important part of the original post... Looking forward to Colorado! And fellow jeepers there!! I admit the title is a little misleading as I have made my living being fairly sarcastic and I apologize in advance, at the same time I'd hate for my jeep to build a complex from other WAYALIFE jeeps....

Haha gotcha! Kinda figured that but wasn't 100% sure.
Unless they are sponsoring you I say screw 'em if they don't like it.
Kinda jealous of your Colorado move. I love where I live but there are so many wheeling opportunities out west.
Have a great time out there!

GraniteCrystal

Will you wave at other Jeeps? Will you be safe and respectful on the trails? Will you help out others when their rig has problems and make sure they make it off the mountain? Have you upgraded your Jeep to the best of your knowledge, ability, and budget? Do you act fairly and with integrity towards others?

These are things that matter to me. Couldn't care less about what brand of this or that you're running beyond curiosity to know how it performs.

Welcome to Colorado. I live just outside Denver. If it makes the wait any easier, I don't think there's much wheeling going on right now. Mostly just a lot of dudes working in cold garages getting ready for Spring.

sldrstoy

I think I can say yes to all of the above! I even have the wife and kids trained to wave! And I will assure you that I will always help others out!! Look forward to getting there!!!

WJCO

Meme King
You'll be fine. I don't even have a JK and am proud of my stickers. From what I've seen on here, most of the people that are flamed, they come here with an agenda or come here saying how their 'xyz' product is the 'best thing in the world' etc with ignorant knowledge or just to start shit. If you're happy with your build, you're good. Slap your stickers on.

JeepJeep75

Run whatcha got man! Your in a jeep, that's all you need in my book to get a wave, a push, a pull, a ride.... It's all good [emoji6]

Dwg

I live in Colorado. You are more then welcome to wheel with me. That is if you are "ok" with me being the smart ass I am and being seen with my stickers. I bet a lot of guys on here would say the same thing, well except I better speak for myself on the smart ass part. Oh, and thanks for the service!

10frank9

Web Wheeler
1. The only requirement is you buy and apply.
2. Run what you want, nobody cares it's your Jeep.
3. If there are people looking to do harm to Jeeps or Jeep owners running a WAL decal, I have somehow skated without having issues for the past FOUR years.
4. Most people who talk crap about WAL decals have ulterior motives.

Last edited:

KingCopperhead

I have plenty of parts that aren't Evo (and a lot of Evo parts too) nobody has ever said a word against me for it. But I also don't run around saying my engo winch beats a warn, or that my Mopar lift dominates all.

Keep your head on right, don't spread bad info and you'll be just fine around here. Welcome.

kfchris

I don't get all the hate. Just about everyone who has a jeep (even the chicks who take them to the store with babies in back for groceries) understand that when/why they got the jeep in the first place because there was something about it, it's definitely a way of life....barring the choice few who prefer to rock the 22's and low profile mud tires (which I have yet to figure out why you'd want that combo). I specifically looked for a JKU because I missed my cherokee so much and was thrilled that I could go out and share my outdoor ways with my daughters both on and off the trail, though on trail is preferred in off time.

Haters gonna hate.

Also happy that my WAL decals are coming hopefully this week and I should have them on soon.

Tombstone

Hey there, First off, Thank You for your Service!!!! and second I am more into Overland and most of the jeepers I meet here in Low Cal are RockCrawlers , I just smile and let them have their fun and do what I like......;)

Top Bottom