lifetime warranty

james2003w

I bought my '15 Rubicon Unlimited from the dealer with it back in Christmas of 2014. Think I paid $4,789 for it (live in Washington, so price may differ).

shoeless

I work for the dealer and my 2014 JKUR was $2150.00 $100.00 deductable when I purchased it. I can sell the policy to anyone on the forum but it must be a single payment not a payment plan. I will sell them for cost if you are interested.......

JAGS

Hooked
Likely voided when dealer sees any form of modifications. I mean, does anyone have written proof that there Jeep is covered regardless of modifications? If so, then you might be talking a value.

Gang,
Has anyone bought a Mopar Lifetime warranty on line at a good price?

I did some investigating on this for a few peeps and somewhere between $2200-$2400 depending on the model of wrangler you have seems to be a good price. You should have no problem calling up your local dealer and getting them for that.

Likely voided when dealer sees any form of modifications. I mean, does anyone have written proof that there Jeep is covered regardless of modifications? If so, then you might be talking a value.

You're correct to a fault. I could see this being useful for someone who has a loaded rubicon with nav and other goodies and who plans on keeping it for a long time. Yes the suspension portion may be voided if modified but things like air cond, window regulators, the nav unit itself and various other things would be covered.

JAGS

Hooked
You're correct to a fault. I could see this being useful for someone who has a loaded rubicon with nav and other goodies and who plans on keeping it for a long time. Yes the suspension portion may be voided if modified but things like air cond, window regulators, the nav unit itself and various other things would be covered.

Oh contraire. We've had folks on this forum with these very scenarios. And the verdict...voided due to modifications. Right or wrong, that is the reality we often see. Just want to point this this out before folks go running off to buy warranties.

If I could get what you say, in writing, with stips, but doubt any dealer could follow through on that request.

Coop

Caught the Bug
Oh contraire. We've had folks on this forum with these very scenarios. And the verdict...voided due to modifications. Right or wrong, that is the reality we often see. Just want to point this this out before folks go running off to buy warranties.

If I could get what you say, in writing, with stips, but doubt any dealer could follow through on that request.
Agree 100%. There are several threads here dealing with this and all have lost the battle, one where Chrysler effectively responded with a no go.

While I agree with you that unfortunate things have happened to people, I disagree with the logic. A dealership cannot void the warranty completely because of a modification. If the ac goes out on a lifted jeep they cannot simply void the warranty and not fix the ac. The two have nothing in common. Can they void a drivetrain concern... Yes, of course because the lift may have contributed to the issue. There is a lot of grey area here but if you need clarification it's all in the Magnusson Moss warranty which contains all the language to protect the consumer.

Every dealership is different, the dealer i used to work for would even warranty certain lifts and other things provided they met certain conditions. I guess what I'm saying is that it does pay off to establish a good relationship with a dealer as they will actually go that extra mile for you and it pays to be well informed also and to know your rights!

WJCO

Meme King
While I agree with you that unfortunate things have happened to people, I disagree with the logic. A dealership cannot void the warranty completely because of a modification. If the ac goes out on a lifted jeep they cannot simply void the warranty and not fix the ac. The two have nothing in common. Can they void a drivetrain concern... Yes, of course because the lift may have contributed to the issue. There is a lot of grey area here but if you need clarification it's all in the Magnusson Moss warranty which contains all the language to protect the consumer.

Every dealership is different, the dealer i used to work for would even warranty certain lifts and other things provided they met certain conditions. I guess what I'm saying is that it does pay off to establish a good relationship with a dealer as they will actually go that extra mile for you and it pays to be well informed also and to know your rights!

It is in the Magnusson Moss Warranty Act, but I don't even think most shops know about that. I've been in the auto industry 16 years now, and just found out about that this year even though it has been around for decades. It is unfortunate that people are un-informed about their rights, and also unfortunate that shops deny things all the time that truly shouldn't be denied, but it happens all the time.

It is in the Magnusson Moss Warranty Act, but I don't even think most shops know about that. I've been in the auto industry 16 years now, and just found out about that this year even though it has been around for decades. It is unfortunate that people are un-informed about their rights, and also unfortunate that shops deny things all the time that truly shouldn't be denied, but it happens all the time.

Agreed and ultimately what gives the "car business" a bad name. It's like i said, a good relationship with a service dept can pay huge dividends

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
What about the guy who was running the mopar air intake, that was installed at a dealer, who had his motor go bad and Chrysler denied his warranty even after he did exactly what they told him to do to test everything with oil consumption and what not?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
What about the guy who was running the mopar air intake, that was installed at a dealer, who had his motor go bad and Chrysler denied his warranty even after he did exactly what they told him to do to test everything with oil consumption and what not?

That is two stories in one. Ttfhell had the molar and didn't do any oil consumption tests. They denied his warranty though.

So mopar told a customer to run diagnostic tests on his own motor for a warranty claim.... Huh?

Top Bottom