Hood vents?

DaBank

What brand is the most popular? What are the pros and cons for a JKU? I am in southern California in the desert, does rain or snow or even dust have any bearings on the modification?

catahoula

Caught the Bug
These are cool. I will tell you my rig has close to 100,000 on it and no effects not having one. I am thinking about getting a cooler for the front for my trans.

tdougherty81

Crawler Conceptz I just put on. I would have waited for the EVO one if I knew they were coming out with one.

Attachments

• 1453219325353.jpg
    1453219325353.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 363

geberhard

Douchebag
Poison Spyder all the way, great design and huge heat dissipation. Can not beat for the price and they are pretty light weight too.

myrddin

I second on the Poison Spyder hood vent... Few tips that worked for me...
1. Remove the cowl then unbolt the hood from inside (so you don't mess up the paint on the hinges).

2. Use painters tape to tape the hood and then put the template on top of that, will help for paint chipping and protect against scratching when you cut).
3. One I didn't do: try to add something to protect the re-enforcement under the hood when you cut... Or make many, many light cuts... I drew the re-enforcement on the painters tape so I had an idea where it was... But I still made a few tiny cuts in the re-enforcement when I cut the hood (activating).
4. On the re-enforcement you use a hole saw to cut into it where the vent bolts are in some areas... But not in a few spots... Make extra sure you put those on barely tight, or it will dimple the hood! If you do demote the hood, I bet you could use the hole saw and open it up to add a washer, which would flatten it out (guessing).

Any way that's my two cents (this is an awesome site, I am sure lots of other folks will chime in).

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453222169.258394.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453222169.258394.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 376
Last edited:

WarriorJeep

Mopar power dome hood works nicely for me, my hood the one thing I didn't feel like cutting up. Not terrible expensive either

mopar-powerdome-hood-3.jpg

Top Bottom