Power steering

projectMMTB

This morning I started my jeep and noticed the power steering is super stiff to the point where it feels like there's no power steering at all for the first half steering wheel turn.
It's about 15 degrees in GA where I live and assumed maybe the temperature has something to do with it.
Any suggestions is to what it may be? And how I can fix the problem.
Also there's only 25k miles on the jeep and figured that would be useful info.

JeepFan

Hooked
First thing I would check is the fluid level. Assuming that's ok, it could be a defective power steering pump.

Did you hear any strange noises while turning? Did power steering return after the engine warmed up? I've never heard of cold weather causing this problem.

Your new vehicle warranty may cover the repairs so you might want to make an appointment with your local dealer so they can check it out.

toxicwaste29

Mine is the same way but I usually only ever notice it when it gets around 0 degrees. Mine also goes away after a little bit of driving or warning it up before driving

WarriorJeep

It must be a random occurrence, my neighbor has had the issue, I have not. Both vehicles are 2015 jkur and both have 20ish k miles.

Grubbicon

Id say its probably cold fluid. Ive never noticed this in my Jeep but my truck on cold mornings will do this, but after running for a bit it will go away.

Top Bottom