BB or LongArm w/coilovers

james2003w

Reading as much as I can between BB's and Full on lifts (springs/shocks/arms/etc). Would it be possible to have a Sub-Forum in JK Wrangler for all "Lift" related posts? Keep finding hidden posts (due to title and what not), would make finding things a little easier. However, not a requirement but a suggestion (would deff help out the newbies)

Vehicle in question is a DD 2015 Rubicon Unlimited 6spd with the Next Gen Dana 44 HD (Front/Rear) with 4.10 Gearing. Only significant change from factory is 33" Toyo M/T on Crusher 195 17" Wheels

I don't like throwing money at something, only to have to throw money at it again because I changed my mind. It's a waste of time, effort, energy, and well GreenBack Benjamin. My 33s are nearing end of life (need to be replaced this year, maaaaaybe next year). I want to go up to 35's and have thought 37's further down the road. With this, debating on throwing the BB and 35s down now... and save up for the LongArm as I hear tell / read that I can pretty much get most of the money back if I turn around and sell the BB down the road to someone in need.

Is there a BB that is better than another? I see a lot of you suggest the TF BB as it comes with everything, and I understand that I will be able to use this to achieve my desire of 35s and not have many issues (maybe rubbing).

However, I've always been told if I'm going to do something, do it right the first time growing up. Thus I was looking at an EVO Long Arm kit with King Coilovers, which I would get to allow 37's but only run 35's on them. I've seen photos, read reviews, looked through the multiple lift posts here on WAL and understand most who like the plusher ride, ride with EVO. I was quoted $5500 for the kit +install, and about another $1200 for the rubber (Almost $7k total). Would this be a good price (I don't have the tools/knowledge/strength/time to do it myself).

Only other thought was to turn around and sell the Rubicon Shocks/Springs (currently 24k miles) to help pay for the long arm/coil overs, but not sure what they would go for or if anyone would be interested in buying them. There are maybe 600miles on them that are off road, everything else is pavement.

I don't do many trails right now, and plan on getting back on them this year as 2015 Drama has settled down. Mainly waiting on my tax return before I make a full executive decision and throw money for jeep parts, and pinch pennies for bills. TL;DR

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Being that you have a 4 door you could skip the long arm and just do the Evo enforcer pro (bolt on coilovers w/ all the extras needed) and put the current long arm money into driveshafts and tires first. Then later down the road if you feel the need to do long arm it can be easily added.

JAGS

Hooked
Kinda drastic options you are looking at...one is $250 and the other is $6k lol

Was thinking the same thing.

For the OP. Think about what area you want to wheel and who you'd like to wheel with. What set up is needed to be able to accomplish that. Then ask yourself if the difference in $$$ is worth it and can you afford to do it. Long arms and coilovers are not mandatory, though they are nice.

james2003w

Being that you have a 4 door you could skip the long arm and just do the Evo enforcer pro (bolt on coilovers w/ all the extras needed) and put the current long arm money into driveshafts and tires first. Then later down the road if you feel the need to do long arm it can be easily added.
I was thinking that originally, but was suggested to go the long arm route for a more plush ride. I will revisit the Enforce Pro kit.

Kinda drastic options you are looking at...one is $250 and the other is $6k lol
Most of my wheeling I do is nothing like what WAL Youtube channel has (which originally brought me to this forum and to Jeep). I do someday want to go on trips such as those.

For the OP. Think about what area you want to wheel and who you'd like to wheel with. What set up is needed to be able to accomplish that. Then ask yourself if the difference in $$$ is worth it and can you afford to do it. Long arms and coilovers are not mandatory, though they are nice.
That's the thing is that I never really know where I'm going as my friends contact me and see if I'm free on such a weekend (I was constantly in the hospital last year with my best friend and her family playing taxi and being supportive for them in their time of need). The one friend that contacts me runs a 98 Subaru Legacy that is modified and can do everything I can do (He as AWD and IDS, I have Lockers otherwise we're equally capable). I've been looking into getting with an actual Jeep group here in Washington and getting out more with other Jeeps and doing more. I fully understand that long arms and coilsovers are not mandatory, however understand that they are nice and make the ride plusher.

I do know I want 35s (min), and a plush ride. Just needed that nudge from other owners on what would be best. Again, I am going to revisit the Enforcer Pro setup as that would be a mid range price and get me more of what I'm looking for. Mainly need to wait for my tax return to truly determine what I can afford.

uberc4

I'd go with the Enforcer Pro too. Skip on the long arms for now. You can always add them later if your heart so desires.

Top Bottom