U joints

Angry Aussie

Hey guys I have a u joint question. Are there some that are stronger or last longer than other brands? I'm looking to beef up my driveline as much as possible. Already have 1350 drive shafts front and rear.

I'm in a 12 JKUR on evo double d long arm and 37s. Still on stock Dana 44s and stock axle shafts.

professorkx

After I broke a rear u joint on my CJ5 last year when I "bumped it" a little too hard in the rocks, I started running non-greasable u joints, as these don't have the hole through the middle of the trunnion. Not positive this makes it stronger, but logically, no hole should increase strength...

jeeeep

Hooked
spicer with full circle clips, non-greasable.
I've seen several ujoints fail in the area of the grease nipple.
I've also seen some new ujoints introduced with the grease fitting on the end caps but haven't heard or seen how they hold up

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
spicer with full circle clips, non-greasable.
I've seen several ujoints fail in the area of the grease nipple.
I've also seen some new ujoints introduced with the grease fitting on the end caps but haven't heard or seen how they hold up

This^^^ the new u joints that alloy uses in eddies new axle shaft write up look promising but who knows how they will hold up

WJCO

Meme King
Stick with Made in USA. I don't know if you're going to get any beefier than the 1350s you already have.

YAYMUD

I just recently lost one on my 1350 rear. The grease zirk apparantly broke off and allowed grease and muck to mix inside. It started as a hum and then a vibration. I tried to re grease it after adding a new zirk but it was too late. the joint is shot. After looking around at the crap they sell at local auto parts stores I decided to order sealed ones direct from J.E.Reel. Got them for $30 each. (ordered an extra just in case)

Top Bottom